Retirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Received the first ever L3 challenge coin since they took over this contract last year.
View attachment 47654

Cool coin. I have mine glued to the overhead on the reloading bench, so I see it almost daily.

Give it 30 days to settle in to get out of the work schedule routine.

Life is great from this point out!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what do you have planned for Monday? Honey dooos........... :)

Actually, I think 'Honey' is gonna' let me 'do' whatever I want for a while. She's been retired since March 31st and doing pretty much whatever she pleased. I do know she's planned something in the way of a 'special' breakfast for Monday morning ... something we're gonna' enjoy having out on the patio, weather permitting. I think I'll get started on some reloading. Actually, I think I'll get started on some reloading this afternoon! I was home by 9:30 this morning, and officially "RETIRED!"

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool coin. I have mine glued to the overhead on the reloading bench, so I see it almost daily.

Give it 30 days to settle in to get out of the work schedule routine.

Life is great from this point out!

I never did understand why we didn't have OSA challenge coins.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They say,,,
If you are counting the days,,,
Then in essence you've already retired.

As of today at 5:00 p.m. I have 1,109 days left until I officially retire.

Aarond

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it feel weird?

Yes, it does! I was almost kinda' lost when I got home. The wife is gone to a writer's conference in OKC, the son is gone to Texas, and the daughter lives in Edmond. I already wondered what to do to pass the time. That's when I decided I'd get started on some reloading NOW, instead of waiting. Loaded up a little .38 Special, then my hunting buddy came over when he got off work, carrying a rack of ribs, baked beans, and tater salad. Life is GOOD!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They say,,,
If you are counting the days,,,
Then in essence you've already retired.

As of today at 5:00 p.m. I have 1,109 days left until I officially retire.

Aarond

LOL! I never did really get down to counting the days. I stayed so busy at work, I hardly had time to think about it. Once I made up my mind I was doing it, it seemed to get here really quickly. BTW - I took my blood pressure a little while after I got home, and it was the lowest it's been in a while. Doc told me at my last visit to start watching it more closely because it was creeping back up. I don't want/need any more meds!

Latest posts

Top Bottom