Retirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm definitely looking forward to it. The closer it gets, the scarier it is, but not enough to make me want to back out! I may get to the point that I want something in the way of a part-time job, but I don't see that happening very soon! The courier angle sounds like a pretty good gig. We've got everything paid off except one vehicle. I'm already thinking of various ways to budget, or help maintain the budget we already had established before we took this plunge. I feel like it's pretty well thought out, but I guess you don't really know until you're actually in the middle of it trying to make it work like you planned. BB - glad to hear that GC finally decided to hang it up! Again, thanks to everyone for the well wishes!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been sliding back into the gym lately and when I retire that will be a daily morning routine. My dad is 80 and still goes to the gym (he retired and started that routine at 55). It will be sleep till 7:30 rather than 5:30, coffee and breakfast, gym and then whatever I want to do (which is a lot of stuff). Not looking forward to being old but looking forward to not working for the man.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I joined the USAF and spent over twenty years in and when I retired I bought loaf of bread and walked into my mom's house and said, "mom, here's that loaf of bread you sent me for 20 years ago." I also went to Langstons and asked the sales lady for a pair of those $4.90 Levis I bought last time....

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm expecting to definitely be out by 62, but it may be a little earlier than that. Just depends on various factors. I'm really looking forward to it. I hope you enjoy it and it's all you hoped it would be.

It's my recent experience that once you decide you can anytime now, a lot of the pressure and stress about it is over.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I retired last June. Now we will be employed part time in the RV park where we live in Colorado. I'm doing roughly 1 to 5 hours per day, but mostly around 3 hours. That will go towards paying on our RV site. Last winter, it was great to open up the blinds on the RV and see 3 to 6 inches of snow on the ground and say, "sure glad I don't have to go to work today."

Congratulations to all those retiring and nearing retirement. It is worth it.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be 51 on Friday....and I got about 4 more years till I can retire. Been working for the same entity for 31 years. When I'm 55, my house will be paid off and my wife's new car will be paid off. My truck and two cars are already paid off as is my motorcycle. I'll probably get some kind of part time job doing something I like, but I'll be set up fairly good. Can't wait.

Congrats Man!!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be 51 on Friday....and I got about 4 more years till I can retire. Been working for the same entity for 31 years. When I'm 55, my house will be paid off and my wife's new car will be paid off. My truck and two cars are already paid off as is my motorcycle. I'll probably get some kind of part time job doing something I like, but I'll be set up fairly good. Can't wait.

Congrats Man!!

Thanks! And, happy early birthday!

Latest posts

Top Bottom