Retro gamers ITT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone into collecting old consoles? I brought back my old NES and Genesis when i went to visit my parents, and the nostalgia is overwhelming, so I've been hanging out at vintage stock/ebay looking for deals.

My bro took our N64, so I picked one up on ebay and I'm slowly building my game collection back up. Just finished refurbishing my controllers with new joysticks.

Only thing that sucks is the light guns don't work with my LCD TV :(

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I've still got an old ColecoVision, the Atari 2600 adapter, and a bunch of games for it in the bottom of a cabinet somewhere. Haven't powered it up in years, but it was working the last time I did. Maybe I need to drag it out and see one of these days.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have an old original boxy nintendo somewhere and a N64 in my RV. Have one of the newer Atari's that have all the games embedded but can still be played in a box as well. I just have fun playing the nintendo and super nintendo games on my tablet as well as some sega genesis games.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have some stuff. I used to love playing chess on the 2600. The one con for me was it took the board off the screen and flashed colors while it was "thinking". I never throw anything away. ��

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have NES, SNES, Gameboy, GameGear, N64, PS1,2&3 and my 2600. And I don't even consider myself a gamer. It seems odd that I have them all but they've just accumulated over the years. Most came from my Dad's auction - I picked them up when they were well past their prime, except the PlayStations which were all gifts.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to do the emulation thing, I even made an NES controller into a parallel port controller, but it's just not the same...

I'm thinking of building a digital AV switch with a ton of inputs and building a nice little cabinet to house everything.

I'm planning on building a MAME cabinet around a raspberry pi for the play room in the next house I buy.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not found a cart that Nesoid won't play properly. I couldn't even play Clash at Demonhead until this decade. The emulators wigged out. Beat the whole game in Nesoid though.

This is one of the times where I'm glad the performance of emulation is close enough for me.
Like headphones... I can tell that some sound better than others, but not hearing the differences on other cans is fine with me. Saves me over $100 on each set of cans.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pick up this, few months ago! On staff duty last night, rocking the retro system!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/13f8/

543928_10200675305828339_799010332_n.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom