Return policies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrharris84

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I returned a broken lawn mower to Lowes. Usually I eat the cost on a broken tool, but today I decided that I would try and return it. Anyway long story short they gave me store credit without presenting a receipt. Both clerks were more than helpful. Rarely do I feel that a store works in a customers best interest. So my hats off to Lowes today. Anyone have a similar story?

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well sorry - that one is sorta obvious - don't want someone buying a gun - going kill someone with it - then bring it back - Guns and Ammo they do not take back - but I think thats about it

GlocksInMySocks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to build charity haunted houses when I was in college and I would return all kinds of things to lowes and home depot... like, multiple used chainsaws... I really don't think they cared because they knew if was benefitting a good cause and saw me every week spending thousands upon thousands of dollars.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I was in Lowe's, I walked out because of lack of customer service. Lowe's is kinda like Walmart. Move into town, put the mom & pops out of business, and then hire know nothing kids at minimum wage who care about nothing except payday.

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HD does NOT get my customer service award. I spent nearly 90K on an office remodel and addition. Nearly everything was bought through HD because they would store the company card. Instead of the extra paperwork for the credits and charges for the miscillaneous stuff, I would return the overage and get store credit to purchase misc stuff like paint brushes. I get nearly through and need to return some toilet connections and get the correct ones. I was told "Sir, you have returned $1000 worth of merchandise in the last two months. You will be required to have a reciept for all future returns." No store credit. No nothin. MAJOR FAIL. Dang, I thought I was doing good. 90K in purchases. 1K in returns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom