Review: Wilshire Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$28 an hour isn't TOO out of line considering that you get a lot more than other ranges, like a 100 yard climate controlled indoor range and target camera... unfortunately the rule about no prone shooting is a deal breaker for me. Looks like I'll keep heading out to Banner Road and shooting for 10 bucks when I need 50 or 100 yards. Thanks for the review de-evo. 100 yds, if y'all decide to allow anyone besides bench huggers in there, please let us know. I would love to check it out, but if you don't allow positional shooting, there isn't really any point for me. And welcome to the forum!

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The range prices do seem high but I will most likely stop in just to look around if I'm ever in the area with free time. I've done a lot of business with Steve, cold hand arm's and a joint venture with the oklahoma machine gun group for a military channel show.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SOB....Wilshire is so close I was extremely excited about this range opening but with having to use my DL as a pass card to get around and a $28 per person per hour and $43 for the two of us per hour and the issues with space and storage, no prone, poor video imaging....etc, I'm out.

As I read the website, the pistol range is rated to a maximum of .45acp which means you have to pay for rifle lane use to shoot higher power handguns. I'm no ballistician but that's quite a few of the popular pistol calibers isn't it?

$28 per hour....I wonder why they left that little tidbit of info off the website. Just forgot or knew it would keep people from coming? Seems it was geared more towards the Nichols Hills demographic. At least paying for an OKCGC membership seems like a much better deal now.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad so many people are finding the review helpful. Just trying to give a little back to a great forum. I'll monitor this thread pretty close for a while so if you guys have any experience questions, post up and I'll answer if I can.

Pricing or personal questions are probably best directed to 100yards since they surely work there.

moller72

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SOB....Wilshire is so close I was extremely excited about this range opening but with having to use my DL as a pass card to get around and a $28 per person per hour and $43 for the two of us per hour and the issues with space and storage, no prone, poor video imaging....etc, I'm out.

As I read the website, the pistol range is rated to a maximum of .45acp which means you have to pay for rifle lane use to shoot higher power handguns. I'm no ballistician but that's quite a few of the popular pistol calibers isn't it?

$28 per hour....I wonder why they left that little tidbit of info off the website. Just forgot or knew it would keep people from coming? Seems it was geared more towards the Nichols Hills demographic. At least paying for an OKCGC membership seems like a much better deal now.
No the 25 yard lane is only rated to .45acp but you can still use the 35 yard lane which is still $15 and you can use rifles on it also.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Say what you want about H&H, but at least they've never bothered me when I'm shooting 25m AQTs from standing, seated, and prone in there. They put in some fixed gun racks that block a lot of the rifle lanes from shooting under the bench thingy, but they have plenty of lanes without. You just have to remember to ask for one.

To be fair to Wilshire, H&H also holds your gubment ID as collateral when you rent a lane.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm glad so many people are finding the review helpful. Just trying to give a little back to a great forum. I'll monitor this thread pretty close for a while so if you guys have any experience questions, post up and I'll answer if I can.

Pricing or personal questions are probably best directed to 100yards since they surely work there.

Kind of wondering why these negative threads weren't posted when I did my review?

How many of you shoot for a day at an indoor range? An hour is not enough? Can you shoot prone at other ranges?

How much time do most of you spend in a lane? I don't know. I shoot outdoors 99.9% of the time. Honest questions.

I don't consider myself as a Nichols Hills resident, but I pay anywhere from $10-$35 bucks a weekend day to shoot, and if I shoot both days , it could double that.

If you can't pay the fee to shoot at Wilshire, don't diss the price, just don't go there.

If your into paper cups on the creek bank, good for you. That's where most of us spend our time. As far as the RO saying about the all of the gun regs on the range, I never saw, nor had that happen.
I shot .44 mag on the 35 yd range, and .223 on the 100 yd range. The only thing they told me was basic range rules that said to open your cases with the muzzle down range, and store the bags/ cases on the shelf in the back. I personally thing there should be more than one shelf in the back. Two or three above each other. Shooters tend to bring a lot of gear to a range, and the area seemed to be a little small.

I used to shoot the Sunday evening matches at Heartland. The shelves and floor were stacked with gear.

More shelving would be nice. I also agree that the 100 yd range should have bigger benches. I had a 16" M4 with the stock in the close position, and wish there were more room. I could only put the forearm on the shelf, not the buttstock, so if I wanted to double sand bag, it was not possible.

I shot my POS cheapest M4 that anybody could ever put together. For a reason, I have $450 bucks in it complete, other than scope.

On the 100 yd range, it shot 2" groups with a 1X scope. No magnification. :D

Shooting my .44 mag on the 35 yd range. I cleared the lanes. Everybody came over to see WTH was making so much noise and causing flashes on the range. :D:D:D 300 grain Elmer Keith hard cast bullets at max load will get your attention. :D I let everybody in the bay at the time put a cylinder through it. Nothing but smiles. :D
IMHO, Its a beautiful facility that is going to fill a segment of society that is a little more fluid in cash flow. Nothing wrong with that. I wish them the best of luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom