Revolver Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a 4" Security Six that I'd like to get a good carry holster for.

Don Hume lists a couple that might suit you. I am thinking of ordering an OWB open top 720 [or is it 721?]. I have not used it or talked to Don Hume about it. The on line listings are confusing - it is listed as compatible one place, but another place lists only the service six, which does not have the big adjustable sights.

jej

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 4" Highway Patrolman coming in to my local FFL in a day or so, that I plan on making a primary winter carry gun. That, in case some of you don't know, is an N-frame, (the 44 frame).
If you know what you are doing, they are not all that hard to conceal, the main disadvantage being the weight. But a good belt can take care of that quite easily.
That being said, the only advantage that I can see for a 2 1/2" or a 3" barrel is if you are wearing a short jacket with an OWB rig.
But as they say, YMMV. :patriot:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might also want to consider a Mdl 19 in .357 with a 2 1/2" barrel. (My new favorite carry)

A small caveat, if I might. The extractor rod on the 2 1/2" M19 and the M66 is quite short, so you will want to make sure to give it a good rap to be certain that the cases are fully ejected. The 3'" M13's don't seem to have this problem as much, as their extractor rods are full length.
FWIW.

Latest posts

Top Bottom