Revolver Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Not very often, but when I'm wearing the right cover (suit or heavy coat) I carry this:

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_IMG_2601_Small.jpg

S&W 22 Thunder Ranch .45 ACP in an Andrews Saddle Style holster.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was starting to get an inferiority complex because of the lack of response to the question. No, not really.
Interesting choice of gun there, but not completely surprising. When I was a PI in Kansas, the gun that I carried the most was a S&W model 625 in 45 ACP. There was one PI in Texas that carried a 625 with a three inch barrel.

Nowadays, my main carry gun is a S&W 681. It is a 4" L-frame with fixed sights.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It's not my normal carry gun, but I do carry it every once in a while, usually winter. It was my wedding present from my wife. It's the only 4" revolver I have a concealment holster for. My wife has a 4" Security Six that I'd like to get a good carry holster for.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, if I had my druthers (and the extra coin) I would buy a Smith & Wesson model 19 or 66 or maybe even a model 28 "Highway Patrolman" and wear it in a black basketweave duty rig like back in the day.

But I remember now why I quit wearing that heavy mutha-scatcher!

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta say Nikat....I've been doing a little work on a friend's .38/44 Heavy Duty, and I consider you a MANLY MAN for being able to hide a N frame hogleg like it :)

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta say Nikat....I've been doing a little work on a friend's .38/44 Heavy Duty, and I consider you a MANLY MAN for being able to hide a N frame hogleg like it :)

Why? Hiding an N-frame is not all that hard to do.
Story time: I lived in Seattle for many years, and I had a CCW up there in the 1970's. My gunsmith was a savvy old guy, and his assistant was a guy named Jim, who was also no novice.
I played a game with Jim involving his trying to spot my gun. When I went into the shop, he would look me over and try to find it. My usual attire was an untucked work shirt and a pair of blue jeans.
One day, I decided to be a real smarta$$, so I walked into the shop carrying. Jim looked me over and and said "OK, where is it?" I made sure that we were alone and pulled out my gun from my IWB holster. It was a 6" Model 29. Jim was both surprised and amused.
As an aside, in those days, I was quite a bit smaller around the waist than I am now.
My point is that if you know what you are doing, you can conceal much bigger guns than you think you can.

greg1996zz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did before I got a 3" mod. 65. The round butt and slightly shorter barrel are a world of difference. When I carried 4 inchers I carried IWB. However, I was younger then and had more room around the waistline.

Latest posts

Top Bottom