Revolver makeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently picked up a S&W Model 19-3 that is in fair shape and shoots well. I would like to have it spruced up a little and tightened up some and maybe a good trigger job. Any suggestions on a good gunsmith to do it? Would I be better off sending to Smith and Wesson? Thanks

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if S&W will work on one that old. You'd need to visit with them. They no longer stock the "firing-pin-on-hammer" parts, nor the forged triggers. They stock virtually none of the "old style only" parts. A number of the new MIM parts will cross over.

If you're looking for a re-blue and general tightening-up, they are worth a phone call.

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fatcpa, depending on what you mean by tightening up, cylinder has foward and rearward movement (Shims or stretch the yoke) slop in the cylinder turning (cylinder stop or peening the grooves in the cylinder) You could do those yourself with some searching on the internet (spelled Benoverse). We can get you the link if needed. I would only send it back to S&W if the frame needed work as in trigger pins or hammer stud repair. More info or pic would be helpful. Later rdd

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with giving S&W a call, certainly worth checking with them first. I'm sure that they would do a super job refinishing it. I'll second the picture request too.

-S

xrd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun builder in Norman does outstanding revolver work go to 150x.com he builds compitition autos and does some revolver work. He was a competitive shooter for years with revolvers, Smith and Wessons, and can do whatever is needed to it. He is very busy but worth the time. He has built PPC revolvers and autos for me. Very good work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom