Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot a few rounds through a TRR8 a few years back. I still crave one of those. Rugers are so close in price you'd be foolish not to get one instead.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the things I like about Taurus is they fill the void.

I've got three right now.
All fill a place in the arsenal.

FWIW I've experienced no problems with any of them and all have seen thousands of round except the Judge I recently acquired.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really depends on what purpose this gun will serve. If it's just for fun and punching holes in water bottles, Taurus will work fine. If it's for carry or HD, and you may have to use it to defend your life or the lives of your loved ones, then I'd upgrade to a Ruger, S&W or Colt.

Horty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The purpose will be mostly target shooting but I might put it in the nightstand. I am thinking the 6" Heavy Barrel Ruger GP 100 in .357 mag would be nice. Anyone have any comments on that gun and or caliber?

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Load it with some .38 to get used to it. If you are set on a revolver I would get a used S&W K frame (10,13,15,19) and be done with it. a good used one with a 4" barrel. Some may not win any beauty contests but if its in good mechanical shape(most are) you can shoot one all day long and get bored shooting one ragged hole with six shots. YMMV.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GP 100 is a great solid gun. I don't know what people are saying about the recoil in a six inch all steel gun that is heaver than dumbo's droppings after dinner. I find the recoil in the GP series to be very tame. Now the SP101 in a 2 inch barrel is another story. The M&P line from Smith is designed to be a carry gun and therefor light. I don't prefer light at all. My favorite Smith to date is a Smith Model 60 with a 2 inch barrel in .357. As far as .357 goes it is a great round and gives you the versability to also shoot cheaper .38 special and .38 special +P. It is probably my favorite self defense round (.357 that is) For the money I would go with a Smith or a Ruger and stay away from Taurus. I've owned a Taurus revolver before and I was not happy with that gun at all. The fit, finish, and function of a Smith has always blown my mind at how good they are. I am also very impressed with the SP101 by Ruger as a revolver. I would tell you that you should go out and rent the guns your thinking about from a gun range and shoot them and make your decision then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom