RFI: Building New Gun Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronin0829

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking in to building a gun range near Tahlequah. What I need to know is are there any laws on buliding a range that I need to be aware of? The only law I can find in the Oklahoma Statutes is Title 63 Section 709 about the noise level at the property line.

I was at Happy Hollow over the weekend and Don was telling me that I had to get permission from the county commissioners. As far as I know here in Cherokee county there are no zoning rules for rural property, so as far as I know I don't have to get permission from anyone to build a range on my property.

I would appriciate any help from anyone who has looked in to this previously.

Thanks in advance.

ronin0829

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That depends on what you mean by private or public. It would not just be open to anyone at any time, like the public range at Wagoner. It will be on my private property and only be used by people that I allow to be there when I am there. So I guess that would make them invited guests to my private range.

ronin0829

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, outdoor range. I have looked at the NRA stuff. I am not looking for range design. I am wanting to know if anyone is aware of any applicable laws other than the noise law. Checked the EPA website and they have a "best practices" guide for lead containment/abatement but no federal laws or regulations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom