RI: Self-checkout battle as retailers blast bill to restrict number of registers and discount for self-checkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, when the stores allow us access to fix pricing errors or purchase alcohol without one of their employees, it'll be a good system. Until then, its just good for running in and picking up one or two things and getting out quick.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I have to do the work, I might as well order online and save the gas.

Perhaps, but I would bet that those people filling the orders for the online buying aren't looking at freshness and perhaps damaged packaging. To me, that would be like going through a drive through at a fast food place. Only after one has driven away does one find out the order was wrong.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps, but I would bet that those people filling the orders for the online buying aren't looking at freshness and perhaps damaged packaging. To me, that would be like going through a drive through at a fast food place. Only after one has driven away does one find out the order was wrong.
I do not buy produce online and seldom at Walmart. When possible I hit the farmers market for that. Everything else can be ordered online. Heck I ordered a case of pink beans from Amazon because the wife loves them and I could not find local. They messed up and sent a case of organic black beans. I told them about it, they said to keep the black and sent the pink beans too.

Yes we have plenty of beans in our stock. :P :P

cstan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Walmart in Mustang today. They had at lest 10 self checkout lanes open and only 2 checkers. I refuse to do the self check out lanes. I hate drive throughs and go into the bank and get cash so I don't have to use a card. I don't want the card companys telling the government where I spend my money. I am an old paranoid ass that does not trust the government or card companys.

0 0 0

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I keep seeing articles about self checkouts where a mistake is made,i.e. improper scan, bar code not read etc, and then the store accuses you of shop lifting and can ban you not only from that store, but from the whole chain. And how you can be arrested for trespass for just being in the parking lot. HOWEVER in California (where else?), gangs will take WHOLE SHOPPING CARTS of merchandise out the door, and the employees will stand aside and do not even try to identify the thieves, or attempt to get the tag number of the car. I know this can lead into a larger rant, but I will end this on this thought: In the wild, predators will seek out the weakest member of the heard, in the school yard bullies will attack the weakest, and in the court room the law will be pressed against those who do not have the resources to fully defend themselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom