RI: Self-checkout battle as retailers blast bill to restrict number of registers and discount for self-checkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am against self check out and refuse to use it, when you do you're basically paying the store to do their work. Not sure govt needs involved but I refuse help them and I consider my self a jobs creator by going through a checkout with a cashier . At some point and yes its coming like it or not everyone will use an Amazon go style system where you just buy the goods and walk out , payment happens automatically and you go home.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am against self check out and refuse to use it, when you do you're basically paying the store to do their work. Not sure govt needs involved but I refuse help them and I consider my self a jobs creator by going through a checkout with a cashier . At some point and yes its coming like it or not everyone will use an Amazon go style system where you just buy the goods and walk out , payment happens automatically and you go home.
And they still ask for a receipt to prove you sold the items to yourself. Eff em!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just glare at them as I'm walking out, after that they turn the other way and look for someone else to ask for their receipt.
I was at the Enid WMart one time last fall, and I was in line to check out. A lady with a WMart yellow vest came by and was encouraging those of us in line to use self checkout. Most everyone wandered over to the self checkout lanes, but I just stood there in line. She came back over and told me there was a self checkout lane open, and I told her I didn’t work there. She just stared at me and walked away.

I hate the whole idea of self checkout, but I would be more inclined to use it if they didn’t check my work after I do theirs for them. The Kroger here has 4 self checkout lanes, and I’ve seen 3 Kroger employees having to help people check their own groceries. To me, it’s an absolute joke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom