RIA officers mods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its not to bad, its better than some 9mm's i have had. i just like messing with and tuning things to run better. no it dont ftf or fte i just think a little heavier recoil spring would make the right difference i just dont know what the stock on is?

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its not to bad, its better than some 9mm's i have had. i just like messing with and tuning things to run better. no it dont ftf or fte i just think a little heavier recoil spring would make the right difference i just dont know what the stock on is?

If memory serves me correctly it is a 22lb spring, if yours has the single spring. There are two different recoil systems on the Rock compact, I have only seen acouple of older Rock's that had a 2 spring system, Most have a single spring setup. I believe Wolf has a 22 and 23 lbs spring available. There is a firing pin stop modification that can also help some, it is kinda subjective as to whether it actually helps with the recoil or not. I have done it on mine personally and I like it.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly it is a 22lb spring, if yours has the single spring. There are two different recoil systems on the Rock compact, I have only seen acouple of older Rock's that had a 2 spring system, Most have a single spring setup. I believe Wolf has a 22 and 23 lbs spring available. There is a firing pin stop modification that can also help some, it is kinda subjective as to whether it actually helps with the recoil or not. I have done it on mine personally and I like it.

What is the firing pin stop modification and how does it help with recoil? I haven't heard of it.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are a few threads to get you started it, was easier to post them to to try and explain it. There are probably another 100 threads on it you wanted to search the Forum some more. Basically the idea is you put a squared Firing pin stop in which slows the slide coming back slightly and the makes the recoil more of a push than a flip. It is subjective and you'll read plenty of both sides of the fence. Personnally I like it and have done the conversion to all of my 1911's.

Recoil Reduction

EGW firing pin stop

EGW Firing pin install

EGW firing pin on PT1911

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's very interesting, though it seems like an awefully small thing to have much of an effect.

How many of you use this mod and how many of you 1911 builders/tuners recommend it?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's very interesting, though it seems like an awefully small thing to have much of an effect.

How many of you use this mod and how many of you 1911 builders/tuners recommend it?

I'm not a builder but I do have an EGW SS in my carry gun that Barry did, it has the same mod. I really dunno if it makes THAT much of a difference but EGW makes excellent stuff and every little bit helps.

I will say that people should check out the gunsmithing section on 1911forum instead of m1911org as you have more TRUE pistolsmiths replying over there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom