Rick Santoruim @ H&H thurs morn??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would guess from your smartass remarks that you are a disciple of the anti-Semitic nutbar and surrender monkey Wrong Paul who would get us all killed. If you are uncomfortable with someone talking about abortion I suspect you have no problem with killing unborn babies. And apparently you would have no problem living under Sharia law. Pathetic.
See? This is the **** I posted about this morning. Just because RH doesn't agree with your position doesn't make him Anti-Semitic. I am the farthest thing from one and have trained with (and dated a lay from) the Israeli military. They will tell you themselves we are holding them back.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Santourm's comments on Catholics reveal how much of a sleaze he is.

As for war with Iran, if there was a war worth draft dodging, that would be it.

To clarify, he didn't not make any negative comments about Catholics (obviously, he is one).

I did take from his line (paraphrase) that "it's the Catholics now, but they won't stop there" that he is fully aware Catholics aren't real popular among Christians in Oklahoma and he was playing to that. Take from that what you will, or take it differently than I did. I could be wrong, but that's how it sounded. He was talking to 4,000 Christians, so for him to make that distinction was telling (to me).

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To clarify, he didn't not make any negative comments about Catholics (obviously, he is one).

I did take from his line (paraphrase) that "it's the Catholics now, but they won't stop there" that he is fully aware Catholics aren't real popular among Christians in Oklahoma and he was playing to that. Take from that what you will, or take it differently than I did. I could be wrong, but that's how it sounded. He was talking to 4,000 Christians, so for him to make that distinction was telling (to me).

He is simply paraphrasing the old adage "I didn't say anything when they came for the Jews....I didn't say anything when they came for the XXXX...when they cam for me there was no one left to speak" - It's just a call for unity despite creedal or specific disagreements we may have. Not really very different from Ben Franklin saying - "we must all hang together or we shall surely hand separately" (Probably a poor paraphrase on my part)

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oh. Whatever. Playing to that while being a Catholic is a dumb thing.

There is a lot about Oklahoma religious culture that is just wrong and aggravating.

You may be correct - I haven't lived here long. However, most people I have met, even though we have some big differences on religion or politics seem like pretty decent and tolerant folks. If you think atheism or Liberal politics produce real tolerance then I will disabuse you of that notion. I was born and raised in the cradle of Liberal politics - NY City - where anything is tolerated except not agreeing with the PC thoughts and "creeds" of the Liberals who run things. One sees it all the time in schools, dealings with local government and in local politics in NY - my experience living in LA wasn't much different.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may be correct - I haven't lived here long. However, most people I have met, even though we have some big differences on religion or politics seem like pretty decent and tolerant folks. If you think atheism or Liberal politics produce real tolerance then I will disabuse you of that notion. I was born and raised in the cradle of Liberal politics - NY City - where anything is tolerated except not agreeing with the PC thoughts and "creeds" of the Liberals who run things. One sees it all the time in schools, dealings with local government and in local politics in NY - my experience living in LA wasn't much different.

Going from NYC to LA sounds horrifying.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is simply paraphrasing the old adage "I didn't say anything when they came for the Jews....I didn't say anything when they came for the XXXX...when they cam for me there was no one left to speak" - It's just a call for unity despite creedal or specific disagreements we may have. Not really very different from Ben Franklin saying - "we must all hang together or we shall surely hand separately" (Probably a poor paraphrase on my part)

Exactly!!!

As far as war with Iran, if the US and allies do the strike it will not be a big war. It will be precision strikes that pretty much take out most of Iran's military with promises to Russia and China to take out Iran's oil infrastructure if they get involved.

If Israel does it, it will turn into a war between Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and maybe Egypt depending on who is in control at the time. Plus lots of nutcases from other Arab countries. Saudi Arabia will get caught in the crossfire and drawn in one way or another. Others will get involved and sooner or later we will too facing a much larger enemy.

You folks seem to think we are fighting to protect Israel but we ARE fighting to protect ourselves. Don't believe me? Go back and read the Downing Street Memo. Close to the bottom you will see they are worrying about how to keep Israel from responding and starting a bigger war if Saddam used WMD on Israel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom