Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.fredoneverything.net/Ferguson.shtml

This racist crap is the whole problem. Cops who think they're better than the citizens they are supposed to serve and protect.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that citizens who think they don't have to follow the basic laws of society (like not strong arm robbing the local convenience store and then sucker punching the cop that tried to get them out of the middle of the street) are just as much to blame for the mess we have going on right now.

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out why the cop that shot Michael Brown is being painted as a racist ... just because he shot some thug who punched him in the face? If it had been a black cop and a white thug we wouldn't be having this conversation ... or an Indian cop and a black thug ...

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'd have shot him too ... and I wouldn't have waited for him to punch me. A punch in the face from a 300-pound man could very likely make a quadraplegic (:scratch: spelling big words escapes me) outta me ... NOT a chance I'm willing to take just to keep a bunch of people I don't know and likely don't give two shits about me anyway from calling me racist.

And as far as the video from the convenience store "disparaging" Michael Brown's character ... Give me a BREAK ... HE DID IT ... IT'S ON VIDEO, FOR CHRISSAKE ...

I don't agree with how the PD originally handled the situation either, but then again, I'm not there and I don't know all the ins and outs ... it's real easy to sit in an easy chair and second guess the folks on the ground (both the protestors and the cops) because the media will only show you what THEY want you to see ... and we all know that means whatever pulls in the ratings, truth be damned ...

I'm not real sure where the problem started but I can tell you this ... until folks (and I mean EVERYBODY -- cops, robbers, doctors, lawyers, Indian chiefs and housewives ...) start treating each other with a little respect and dignity this is only gonna get worse.

I've been EXTREMELY PROUD of the way the members of OSA have conducted this conversation, given the trials and tribulations that we have had in the past with regard to police issues. Let's not F that up now. If you have a point to make, fine ... if you just want to say that all cops are racist, then the next time you post be prepared for a ban. I can play nice or I can play nasty ... Gentleman's choice ... :)

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ready to stop hearing about this every day. The info will come out...no need in all this crap. Obummer and Holder need to keep their attention whoring greedy hands out of this situation. From what I've seen so far, the local PD there didn't do their self any favors in the way things have gone down on their part, information wise. People of the city have done their self no favors with their actions as well. They are just further out casting their image, and hurting their community.

Innocent until proven guilty for the officer. Even if it is deemed justified, and nothing comes of this legally on his part, you can bet this will probably cost him his livelihood, and sense of security for his family if he stays there, and possibly ptsd. I would be planning on moving the day this event is over, and starting over in a completely new state. All it would take is a random traffic stop on someone that wants "justice for m.b.", and you could bet there wouldn't be a riot or buildings burning over that.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I'm talking about is the claim that an orbital blowout fracture would almost assuredly result in a concussion and physical inability to perform (shoot accurately) in the manner claimed by the police. Strictly the medical/physical injury aspect. You can have an orbital blowout without a concussion - happens quite frequently, actually. I don't know or care anything about how they released information, that's not my issue.

And I'm not being snarky, just trying to shed light on the medical portion. Blowout fractures are frequently associated with significant head trauma, but just as frequently are isolated injuries. They ARE, however indicative of a significant blow applied - not just a "struggle".

Could the fracture in question cause the victim to feel diminished ability to resist further physical assault?

I really need to figure out how to add to my sig line. Thats funny.

Now to find a new avatar.

I'm kinda partial to this one. :)

th

Glad we can keep this friendly. It can get heated at times, but it's good to hear all sides. :)

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb here and say that citizens who think they don't have to follow the basic laws of society (like not strong arm robbing the local convenience store and then sucker punching the cop that tried to get them out of the middle of the street) are just as much to blame for the mess we have going on right now.

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out why the cop that shot Michael Brown is being painted as a racist ... just because he shot some thug who punched him in the face? I'm not ashamed to admit that I'd have shot him too ... and I wouldn't have waited for him to punch me. A punch in the face from a 300-pound man could very likely make a quadraplegic (:scratch: spelling big words escapes me) outta me ... NOT a chance I'm willing to take just to keep a bunch of people I don't know and likely don't give two shits about me anyway from calling me racist.

I'm not real sure where the problem started but I can tell you this ... until folks (and I mean EVERYBODY -- cops, robbers, doctors, lawyers, Indian chiefs and housewives ...) start treating people with a little respect and dignity this is only gonna get worse.

I've been EXTREMELY PROUD of the way the members of OSA have conducted this conversation, given the trials and tribulations that we have had in the past with regard to police issues. Let's not F that up now. If you have a point to make, fine ... if you just want to say that all cops are racist, then the next time you post be prepared for a ban. I can play nice or I can play nasty ... Gentleman's choice ... :)

Imo, the shooting will shake out. Its the aftermath thats a travesty of justice. Looters should be arrested if possible. Businesses should be protected if possible. But Protesters have a right to assemble and protest. That should not be infringed, contained, intimidated, aimed at, pointed at, confined, kettled, corraled or hindered in any way.

I understand Cops have guns, I know cops go thru training. Im very doubtful that training says anything about aiming firearms at large groups of citizens. Maybe having a weapon drawn and at the ready but not looking down the sights or looking thru optics.

Noway is many of the "after shooting protest" pics and footage of Law Enforcement, in keeping with my idea of crowd control.

Lots of stupid happening in Ferguson, I expect better of Law Enforcement and civil leaders. The citizens are just excercizing a Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom