Road rage shooting in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a road rage crazy shoot me in 1991 at 51 st and Memorial.
Entered my left bicep and exited my left pectoral muscle.
It stung like a mother#$$%.
Nothing ever came from it but it did teach me a valuable lesson, you never know what somebody you don't will do so it's best to CYA at all times.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

All it takes is one knucklehead noticing my NRA sticker and calling the police to claim I "pointed a gun" at them. I'll get pulled over, and darned if the officer won't find one or more guns in my car!

I refuse to put stickers of any kind on my truck.

I tell all my new to motorcycling friends if you don't have the skills to outrun someone trying to run you over then don't go informing other drivers of your opinion of their driving. I had a guy try to run me over on riverside drive one morning on my way to work years ago. It ain't hollywood there will be no running gun battle from the seat of bike.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At worst, I'll smile and wave at the contemptuously stupid drivers on the road today. I figure I have to put up with them for a few moments, they have to put up with themselves the rest of their lives. :)

The QuikTrip comment is stupid, just ask Kenneth Gumm. All that does is make the officer's job easier because they know QuikTrip will have cameras. If someone pulls even to me and points a gun or starts shooting, they're going to get a lesson in the kinetic energy of a 4,000 pound vehicle.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you honk or gesture, you are offering to enter into a relationship with the other party. Do you really want to do that?

I agree with the earlier poster who has become much less interactive since beginning to carry legally. I also agree that the petite wife with the active finger and the CCW needs to modify her behavior before she either gets hurt or ends up having to shoot somebody. Either situation is a life changing event, and neither will result in anything good.

Whoever said no stickers on his vehicles is dead right. There is nothing that I believe in that would not insult someone out there, and I like to be selective in who I insult.

Although the reporter in the Tulsa incident doesn't know how to spell "brake," and seems to be writing impaired in general, it appears that the victim has realized his role in starting this event. Obviously there is a nut with a gun out there. I hope he is apprehended, but doubt that it will happen.

As for going to a convenience store, there are two kinds of risk management; procedural, and operational. Events often dictate modifying published precedure. Generally, non escalation will be best, but that may not be the case all the time. Shooting back is likely to be a bad idea, but it may become one's only option. Ramming is likely to be a bad idea too, but it also may become the only option. Cell phones add an element of safety since you can call for help which may eventually arrive.

Running away is likely to be a better option. In the 70s some idiot started shooting at my car, and I outran him. Never knew why he picked on me--may have been mistaken identity. I had no gun at the time. Sure had one on me for a long time after that. Went quickly from a pistol novice to pretty good, and carried concealed (totally illegally at the time) for a couple of years.

Nearly every case of road rage that I have seen and heard about has been a two-handed game. "It takes two to tangle" is an old fractured quote that carries a lot of wisdom. "Anger is simply a distorted desire to teach" is another one that might give a little personal perspective to a lot of us.

Stay cool, and let the fools pursue their personal journey to hell by themselves.

Infowar Rebel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry 2 Glock 21s on me at all times plus an extra mag for both. I will resist any and all attempts to harm me with as much force as I can muster.

I don't honk or flip off people. In don't have bumper stickers.

I'm betting this guy laid on his horn and started screaming at them before she screamed at him. I'm just glad God was looking out for him that day.

It's a symptom of the times and egged on by one sided laws and prosecutions.

Believe me people, it's going to get alot worse before it gets better. If it can even get better.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry 2 Glock 21s on me at all times plus an extra mag for both. I will resist any and all attempts to harm me with as much force as I can muster.

I'm betting this guy laid on his horn and started screaming at them before she screamed at him. I'm just glad God was looking out for him that day.

Believe me people, it's going to get alot worse before it gets better. If it can even get better.

If you read the article carefully, the guy admitted his part in the event.

I also go armed nearly everywhere (can't have any weapons on the Federal complex where I work part time).

Reading your post I get the impression that your first plan is to shoot. If that is correct, you really need to reconsider your options. Shooting needs to be your last resort. Believe me, busting a cap will change your life forever, and not in a good way. You can't imagine the stuff that will happen after a shooting.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you read the article carefully, the guy admitted his part in the event.

I also go armed nearly everywhere (can't have any weapons on the Federal complex where I work part time).

Reading your post I get the impression that your first plan is to shoot. If that is correct, you really need to reconsider your options. Shooting needs to be your last resort. Believe me, busting a cap will change your life forever, and not in a good way. You can't imagine the stuff that will happen after a shooting.

quoted and bolded so you can read this again. The man speaks truth.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Holy hell......

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your first plan is to shoot...either carry a rifle or reconsider..I suggest the latter.

I also carry two, first plan is to escape, by any means necessary, including shooting back.

Second gun is for easy reloads...my hands arent what they used to be, so flippin off isnt much of an option....LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom