roadside memorials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Useta be these make-shift memorials never existed except they were in Vietnam. But I never seen them in the US until the last 20 years or so. They make a lot of clutter and the body isn't there-it's in some cemetery and that's where the flowers, wreaths etc should be, not on the shoulder of the road. Besides, how is the country going to mow with all the plastic flowers and wreaths on the right-of-way?
Maybe a poll is in order here?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What we need to do is pass a law telling people whats appropriate, how to greive and where to put trash.[/QUOTE]
Surely you jesst, we have too much government meddling as it is and even Bernie wants a trillion dollar daycare for infancy to 3 years old. No one is responsible, the government gives us everything we need. Why work...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
theres a memorial on a creek crossing on Rabbit Rd. in Tuttle. anyone from there has probably heard the story. it used to be a dangerous 1 lane bridge, 3 kids driving fast lost control and ended up in the creek in Dec. no one found em till morning. I think actually there were 4 but one survived. Then the county built a new bridge later, tearing down the memorial that the parents had built and the county rebuilt the memorial. a park bench and 3 crosses with solar lights to keep them lit at night. Pretty sad deal.
These Diaz boys were wild as a march hair and I had told their dad once, if they dont take driving more serious and safe, they were going to kill themselves or someone else. Not long after that I had to start replacing my mailbox once a month or so because someone was bashing it in. I know it was them Diaz kids cause they lived down the same street. Couldnt prove it but after that crash, I never had my mailbox bashed again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom