Romney picks Paul Ryan for VP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Ryan. He has some great ideas on addressing the current and future budget issues. The problems will be getting enough voters to THINK about something other than their own issues.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rep Ryan is an excellent choice - he is the only leader in Washington, of either party, who actually had the guts to propose and stand up for a clear budget proposal. He represents clear and principled, not just coldly economic, fiscal sanity for Washington.

The election is still Obama-Romney but this can't hurt. I cannot wait to see the Biden-Ryan debate!

BTW - I also liked his acceptance speech reference to natural law and rights recognized not granted by the Constitution.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rep Ryan is an excellent choice - he is the only leader in Washington, of either party, who actually had the guts to propose and stand up for a clear budget proposal. He represents clear and principled, not just coldly economic, fiscal sanity for Washington.

The election is still Obama-Romney but this can't hurt. I cannot wait to see the Biden-Ryan debate!

BTW - I also liked his acceptance speech reference to natural law and rights recognized not granted by the Constitution.

tbirch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This won't make Romney lose, but it won't help him win.

If Romney loses, it won't be because of Ryan, it will be because we get the government we deserve. With 100 million Americans on Federal welfare, the sheeple want someone who will keep the gravy train going.

Ryan is a clean, mature, fiscally sound, intelligent family man....I fear our country doesn't value that anymore.

Truth! People who get their way paid are absolutely tipping the scales and becoming much more proficient at opening their hands.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If Romney loses, it won't be because of Ryan, it will be because we get the government we deserve. With 100 million Americans on Federal welfare, the sheeple want someone who will keep the gravy train going.

Ryan is a clean, mature, fiscally sound, intelligent family man....I fear our country doesn't value that anymore.

I'm kinda leaning your way on this. I like Ryan a whole bunch but I'm not sure this pick is the one Romney needed. It does show that Romney could be serious about doing what needs to be done fiscally, but I think that point will be lost on the sheep because they don't know what the hell is going on and probably have never even heard of Ryan. I also don't think it will really hurt Romney but he needs a political bull mastiff. I was hoping Romney was going to throw a total changeup pitch and name Lt. Col. Allen West or at least go with Christie or Rubio. I guess we'll have to hide and watch. Ryan will shred Biden in the debates if they actually get to talk about substantive issues, of that I have no doubt. But West or Christie would rip off their head and **** down their neck, Nobama included.

Ryan will be okay if he's allowed to run and not muzzled like Palin was...

Last edited:

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This.

Latest posts

Top Bottom