RP says no to school security.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ronald Reagan's favorite quip:

"Government isn't the solution to the problem. Government IS the problem".

You've come a long long way since then Rick.

Incorrect!!! Reagan knew that there are some parts of government that are needed but just a whole lot of what we have now is not. One of governments main jobs is defending the public. Can you guess where police protection of schools falls?

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think we need a cop at every school. The benefit doesn't outweigh the cost. Statistically, your children are still more likely to die with you in the car ride to school than anywhere else.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Incorrect!!! Reagan knew that there are some parts of government that are needed but just a whole lot of what we have now is not. One of governments main jobs is defending the public. Can you guess where police protection of schools falls?

At the state or local level, of course.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Agreed but the feds can provide funding for it easily if they cut out the waste. Also the cops can be used for patrols when school is not in session.

Have you ever been to a rural school? Theres no place to patrol cept some dirt roads. They would be wearing out patrol cars. Little schools like Twin Hills elementary, Mason Schools, Wilson, graham, butner ect. Can barely afford to upkeep a prefab building let alone have a cop with a car. And theres hundreds of these super small, poor, rural schools all over the nation.

Noway could we save enough by cutting out a little waste.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever been to a rural school? Theres no place to patrol cept some dirt roads. They would be wearing out patrol cars. Little schools like Twin Hills elementary, Mason Schools, Wilson, graham, butner ect. Can barely afford to upkeep a prefab building let alone have a cop with a car. And theres hundreds of these super small, poor, rural schools all over the nation.

Why would the cop NEED a car? When I first went to work as a campus cop we were assigned to one school. We drove our own personal vehicles over there and then patrolled the hallways and parking lots on foot.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes I have been to several rural schools through the years and even the cops in those districts use cars or SUVs to patrol. They have moved passed horses for the most part you know.

According to the Government Accounting Office there are hundreds of billions of dollars in government waste so yes I think we could fund it, plus patrol cars and pretty much everything else needed.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would the cop NEED a car? When I first went to work as a campus cop we were assigned to one school. We drove our own personal vehicles over there and then patrolled the hallways and parking lots on foot.

So that when school is out they can help patrol the rest of the area. I would rather see them being useful year round then only working while school is in session.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thread title is misleading. RickN is putting out a spin just like the liberals do. RP did not say no to school security, he simply said he was against government intrusion in the subject. What if he supported teachers carrying handguns..would he still be "against school security"?

this...^

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody find me something in Article I, Section 8 that has to do with school security--or schools at all, for that matter--and we can talk. Otherwise, you're just advocating growing fed.gov past its constitutional limits because you happen to like the cause.

Principles are what you do when it's not convenient.

Constitutional authority?! Of course Rick would ignore that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom