Rubio or Cruz?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's wishful thinking for two reasons. First, the Donald's ego would never allow him to be a running mate--he couldn't play second fiddle, and no Presidential candidate would risk having him on the undercard. Second, NY is not going for the GOP unless you get someone like Giuliani or Fat Hillary as the Presidential candidate, and that ain't happenin'.

If you're a 2A voter, Cruz is the clear choice, but he's going to turn off a lot of the swing voters on other issues. There are a lot of people calling Rubio a RINO, but the things that make them say that are the things that will pull in the swing voters; unless GOP voters are as stupid as their party's leadership, that should make him a damn-near shoo-in for the Presidency.

You're dreaming if you think Rubio can pull the swing vote. Cruz certainly can't, but Rubio's "draw" wouldn't amount to a drop in a swimming pool. Only Trump can pull the swing vote. Unless its Trump, we need to focus on getting out the vote and utterly demoralizing the Democrats. I really do feel that all three front runners are an order of magnitude more likely to hammer their Dem opponent than Romney or McCain were. We need that fierce assault on Hillary or Bernie's record.

For those talking about Ted's talk about the IRS, use "abolish" in the context of their culture. Probably the two worst .gov cultures are the IRS and State. Internal or external, they're universally reviled. That arrogant culture is pervasiveness from the top, all the way to the bottom. When you look at the negative culture in the VA or DoJ, it's concentrated in the upper echelons. Even the bad culture in BATFE is concentrated in the top brass and the criminal enforcement division.

The IRS and State need to be gutted and rebuilt with a new culture. Its a heavy lift, but its doable by the right president. Marco ain't it. :(

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of the two offered, it would have to be Cruz for me.

I'm still of the opinion that Trump will be the nominee, and I'd support that.

I agree with Dennis. I'd like to see Cruz get it as if now, but if the Donald is the nominee, then I'd vote for him over Hitlery in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to say Jonah Goldberg is true to form, he's all over the map in this piece.

Article is about "stopping Trump"
Is there another way? One possibility would be for Rubio and Cruz to cut a deal. Republican disarray is largely attributable to the fact that no so-called “establishment candidate” secured much support from the conservative grass roots, and no grass-roots candidate secured much support from the establishment. MORE DONALD TRUMP KASICH: 'I'M GOING TO BE THE NOMINEE' TRUMP: TRUMP U. HAD '98 PERCENT APPROVAL RATING,' HISPANIC JUDGE 'UNFAIR' CRUZ: PERHAPS TRUMP'S TAX RETURNS SHOW HIS 'DEALINGS WITH THE MOB' MORE EXTENSIVE THAN PREVIOUSLY REPORTED

Source

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trumps tax returns will show donations to a bunch of left wing people and organizations - it will blow his cover - he will be under audit until after the election, if he loses - no need - if he wins - no need ---its all smoke and mirrors - the public will never see the Donald's tax returns...he is a master politician....a master of deception and course reversal....still better than the D's...

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sales tax is not even remotely fair. It disproportionately effects the middle class. The poor will get a tax-free id card, the rich only spend a fraction of their income (it is pretty hard to spend 15 million per year, even on extravagant items, so the middle class yet again becomes the bearer of the entire tax system. We don't get that tax-free card, and most of us spend damn near every dollar we make yearly, so we pay taxes on 100% of our income, the poor pay nothing and the rich pay what, 50% is we are being extremely generous, probably closer to 20 percent.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And yet, he (Cruz) is siding with the FBI in their little spat with Apple. It gives me reservations about the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only is there a court order, it is about getting into a known terrorist phone, and not listening in on everybody in the country that says the wrong word like gun. There is a huge difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom