Ruger 10/22 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took it apart this weekend and clean the damn thing like crazy. Now the first round will not feed at all... it pinching the top of the shell.

What kind of stock did you put it in? When I installed a Houge overmolded stock the Ruger factor mag would not seat properly and it woul.d not feed the first round. Also the mag would not drop free. I sandpapered the sides of the mag until it would drop free and it also allowed the mag to seat deeper into the receiver and no more feeding probllems. YMMV

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The barrel was a Clark Custom, made from liljah blank. The extractor cut was just a bit small and about 3 degrees up from my bolt. No big but it would slow the bolt enough when hand racked to have miss fires on the first round occasionally.

Mykah

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think its the mag, as it releases freely. I am going to try and buff the feed ramp, and make sure the extractor is lined up.
Thanks for the help so far! Hopefully I will have it ready by this weekend.

Mykah

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who helped out. The rifle is running smooth now.... I actually found a bunch of crap in the extractor chamber and the firing pin was stuck in place. Babies running smooth now....

Latest posts

Top Bottom