Ruger 357 mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both my grandfathers passed before I was born or before I was old enough to even meet them.

I'd love to have had the opportunity to inherit something from either of them, even if it was just memories. You have the opportunity to remember him every time you see that revolver. You can make a memory of him every time you handle it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some things that were Papa's. They were / are meaningfully to ME.

There were some things that had no sentiment and let them go, but not immediately.

Put that Ruger in the safe. Take it out, fondle it, maybe shoot it, think about him. In a year, think long and hard, do you want it gone forever or has your memories been stimulated?

IF you decide to let it go; try to find someone you know and would allow you first option to purchase, if they decide to sell. I would agree to the stipulation, but I hardly ever sell anything.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some things that were Papa's. They were / are meaningfully to ME.

There were some things that had no sentiment and let them go, but not immediately.

Put that Ruger in the safe. Take it out, fondle it, maybe shoot it, think about him. In a year, think long and hard, do you want it gone forever or has your memories been stimulated?

IF you decide to let it go; try to find someone you know and would allow you first option to purchase, if they decide to sell. I would agree to the stipulation, but I hardly ever sell anything.

Good advice. I have sold a few back to guys that regretted.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my 357 Security Six. I would hold onto it and think about it later. I grabbed my grandpas little 22 pistol. Well used not pretty. But when someone rolled up the drive at night, he always had it in his pocket. I will trach my boys to shoot with it. Then keep it forever.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Grandma gave you the gun, it must have meant something to her to pass it to family so I would at least respect her wishes and if you don’t feel right talking to grandma about its future, you might hold on to it out of respect for her.

If he specifically designated the gun to go to you before he passed away then I’m sure she would understand your decision.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to add to my previous response, I have the guns passed on to me but my kids have zero interest in them and do not want them from what I understand. I will one day have a talk with them and more than likely trade them away for other interests. I didn’t grow up with the guns owners and I don’t have any family left to pass along so I understand where you are coming from.

Good luck with whatever choice you make!