Ruger Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks--lets talk about them....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey there,
I have been thinking about a Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk for a walk-about/woods gun. I know I would want it in .45 Colt, be nice to have the .45 ACP cylinder, SS, and about a 5 1/2" brl. What is yours,, experiences, and pics.
Lets get it rolling.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got two SA's at this point:

[Broken External Image]

One is a 50th anniversary 357 magnum 4 5/8" (which can be picked up at CDNN investments at a VERY good price right now). It is ALL steel including the gripframe and is wearing some CLC wood grips.

The other is a 22LR single six 4 5/8" for plinking fun. It came with a magnum cylinder as well so it can shoot pretty much any type of 22 rimfire in existance!

I had a 44mag 50th anniversary that I sold because I found I really like the feel and balance of short barrels. I also bought and sold a 44mag 4 5/8" stainless SBH because I found that the recoil was too harsh for me will full power stuff with that short barrel. I guess what I learned was that for full power 44mag, the longer barrel helps a bit with recoil management.

Good luck!!

Alan

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like both supers and std blackhawks. I have a well worn super blackhawk in .44 mag. My next one is gonna be a .45 colt.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Blackhawks in .357, .41, and .44.

Really gorgeous revolvers. They shoot really well once you get used to the contour of the grip and, depending on the caliber, the recoil. Aftermarket grips are recommended IMO as pretty as the stock ones are.

I may have a .357/9mm convertible FS once I've been a member long enough, just FYI. :D

sajeantet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a BH .357 that my grand dad bought in '68 and then given to me 3 years ago. he didn't put maybe 50 rounds through it too.
Where did you get the grips for the gun on the top of the pic?

torque

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I love my Blackhawk even though it is a 7 1/2" barrel.
ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s297_torque60_hunting09003Small.jpg

ai155.photobucket.com_albums_s297_torque60_hunting09002Small.jpg

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Blackhawk .45 Convertible. Excellent gun, perfect for the woods. The ACP shoots excellent with wadcutters. The Colt is a little more difficult to find a really accurate load, but shoots good as well. I highly recommend it!

P.S. My dad has the .357/9mm convertible and it shoots just as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom