ruger mark III 22/45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i want to tell you guys about my ruger 22/45 mark III i got it last week and shot 500 rounds without one jam using wenchester expert hv they are the best for pistols. today i have been out shooting birds about 20 yards away one after the other .Great gun love it

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm right with you on that. I've owned and shot a 5 1/2' bull barrel model for years. Also got a Browning Buckmark and it is nice, but the Ruger 22/45 has superior ergonomics for old 1911 fans like me. The field-strip procedure on the Browning confounds me. It won't come apart to suit me for the kind of maintenance I like to do. I learned the Ruger target pistol disassembly back in about 1977.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One slab-sided 4-1/2" and one target with 4". Great little shooters, as to tearing them down, well carbon cleaner, an air compressor work wonders, along with toothbrush, and bore cleaning rod. Yes I do know how to tear them down, but would rather not!

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had quite a few FTEs and other glitches at first with my Mk III, but I recently put in a Volquartsen extractor. Last time I shot it, there were no FTEs! I usually would get mebbe 4 to 5% that would hang up. The gun used to really favor CCI mini mags, but now it shoots anything.

Teardown is still done by a printed checklist, but it has gotten easier.

Photo shows aftermarket 1911 style grips and paint job by OlYeller.

ai577.photobucket.com_albums_ss214_JagDrvr_Guns_Dec15a.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom