Rush , RIP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RIP Rush!!!
rush.jpg

Yes I bought this issue and have it safely tucked away!!! Back around 1989/190, I sent him an antique cigar case.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I met Rush once, when I went to a taping of his TV show. I got a ticket to the Thursday taping, knowing that they did two shows that day so they didn't have to be in NYC on a Friday. It was his birthday week--the week his then-wife had the cake shaped like the stadium in Pittsburgh made for him--and we all got a slice of that cake between shows. He didn't shake hands and I didn't have much time to talk to him (I think there were between 100 and 150 in the audience) but he was gracious in giving that time to all of us who wanted to speak with him. He will be greatly missed. R.I.P., Rush!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
America has lost a great and highly educated man. He was an icon, and I listened to him for years. I even signed up for his newsletters way back when. At the time, he offered a cap with something of his signature on the front for everyone signing up. I still have that cap. The white parts inside are yellowing and it is dusty from sitting in the cabinet for many years.

DSC_1154c.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom