Rx Costs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it might come down to reach. The number of people who see an ad (name recognition) and the number who might actually ask their doctor vs how many reps it'd take to reach the same number of doctors directly.

Plus, i imagine there is a certain amount of customer service that goes into being a primary care provider. If a patient asks for X, you either give it to them or give them a good reason why you shouldn't/can't. Prescribing beta blocker X over Y likely doesn't impact you as much as losing a patient to another doctor would if the person felt you weren't being responsive to their 'needs'.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to Medicare, when I signed up, I had heard of the policy that if one didn't take Part B on signup, then one was penalized for each month that one was without that part. Sadly, they didn't tell me that the same applied to Part D, so we get to pay a penalty for each of 14 months when I was without prescription drug coverage. That penalty is charged each and every month.

So, I tell everyone that when signing up for Medicare, be sure and sign up for both B and D. Granted, there may be a method by which one can delay signing up for those two plans, but I'm not sure it is worth the trouble.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With regards to Medicare, when I signed up, I had heard of the policy that if one didn't take Part B on signup, then one was penalized for each month that one was without that part. Sadly, they didn't tell me that the same applied to Part D, so we get to pay a penalty for each of 14 months when I was without prescription drug coverage. That penalty is charged each and every month.

So, I tell everyone that when signing up for Medicare, be sure and sign up for both B and D. Granted, there may be a method by which one can delay signing up for those two plans, but I'm not sure it is worth the trouble.

The only way to delay signing up with out penalties is if your on another persons insurance.
I married a youngun’ and got to ride her insurance while she still worked. Finally talked her into retirement early, so we now have Obamacare for her the next two years.
Remember that? You can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan and the average family will save $2500 per year.
The biggest political lie in history.

Latest posts

Top Bottom