Ryan Walters is freaking the HE double chopsticks out of the libs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My only real complaint with what I have seen so far at Piedmont Schools is their willingness to accept late work is FAR too lenient and not having actual text books to send home so I can see how they are teaching the kids so I can reinforce it at home. The second part is especially difficult for math homework and how different the methods are now versus what I learned.
These were some of my issues too in Yukon. Pretty much all teachers accepted work late with little to no penalty. Not a good lesson.

And even if the textbooks were only a pdf version, at least there would be a 'source' to reference. As opposed to googling or learning the method on khan academy.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd put the level of education my girls received at Deer Creek up against just about any other school in the state. They both received a well-rounded education and didn't come out as indoctrinated liberal commies. It set them up to do just as well in college.
There's a reason some come out indoctrinated and others don't. Parents decided the outcome one way or the other.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd put the level of education my girls received at Deer Creek up against just about any other school in the state. They both received a well-rounded education and didn't come out as indoctrinated liberal commies. It set them up to do just as well in college.
Considering college is for liberals, and what I know about those city schools, I would say that that your statement is definitely something a lib would say.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep...the whole "public school" concept is intended to get kids to think correctly, not to think for themselves.

Local school boards setting the curriculum and standards? Can't have that!

I'd encourage anyone to look at a 6th grade schoolbook from 1940 and see if you think children of 2022 could keep up. We keep lowering the bar and placing importance on things unrelated to the three "Rs".

I can't imagine being a teacher these days - little bastards with no idea how to behave, spawned by morons with the same level of ignorance.
I tried to find some examples of where then vs now was studied and couldn't find much objective data. You'd think that someone would have given a group of 'modern' students some tests from back-when to compare the results, but if they exist, I couldn't find them. It's almost like we don't want to ask the question, for fear of the answer. Or more likely, we know the answer, and thus fear asking the question.

And I agree that time and effort needs to be put in the basics. Art and music are fine for a day or so here and there. But if a student is spending as much, or more, time on Art as they are on English and Math, that's stupid, imo. The list of needed Art supplies this year was equal in length to the list of supplies needed for ALL other classes combined in my son's school this year. Sure, pencils cover multiple classes, but still...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to find some examples of where then vs now was studied and couldn't find much objective data. You'd think that someone would have given a group of 'modern' students some tests from back-when to compare the results, but if they exist, I couldn't find them. It's almost like we don't want to ask the question, for fear of the answer. Or more likely, we know the answer, and thus fear asking the question.

And I agree that time and effort needs to be put in the basics. Art and music are fine for a day or so here and there. But if a student is spending as much, or more, time on Art as they are on English and Math, that's stupid, imo. The list of needed Art supplies this year was equal in length to the list of supplies needed for ALL other classes combined in my son's school this year. Sure, pencils cover multiple classes, but still...
I stumbled across some old textbooks from the 1940s years ago in an old house on Spavinaw - Delaware County. Hillbillies.

The level of reading comprehension required to use the textbooks was astonishing. The math would have challenged me, and I'm a fairly intelligent fellow.

They were from grades 6-8.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that what I'd say would amount to much to many of you . . . but here goes.

Anyone who's main campaign stance is "stopping wokeness" is completely lost. They're simply pandering to the lowest informed among us. He pushed for and supported HB 1775 that does nothing but cause unnecessary issues in the classroom by being so vague teachers no longer use previously approved/accepted lesson plans because some student might feel ashamed or embarrassed simply for being white, indian, black . . . everyone talks about how "the libs" are snowflakes, but let's be real. HB 1775 is a snowflake bill.

We both know Stitt didn't appoint Walters based on his credentials. But since they seem to be an important gauge in who should be the next State Superintendent maybe look into former state teacher of the year Jena Nelson. She's taught twice as long as Walters.

Walters claims he and Stitt want to pay "the best" teachers 6 figures. How do they plan to do that by pushing school choice and pulling money from public schools? This just means the bigger private schools will continue to grow and of course be able to pay their teachers more while the public schools flounder and eventually dry up.

What in your mind makes Walters more qualified?
Never said he was more qualified. Just pointing out that electing the same exact people but who have different names hasn't been working so well and maybe it's time to do something different.

Personally I think the whole system is fooked. It's going to take an old school Red Adair wild well control approach. Blow the hell out of it and then move in to clean it all up.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And let's not forget the media's roll in all this. Since the media and liberal educators have the same train of thought.

Jenks should have said uniforms and not shown any kind of flexibility in the raunchiness level of the dress code.

Jenks Students, Parents Aggravated Over 'Confusing' Dress Code​

Wednesday, August 24th 2022, 4:11 pm

JENKS, Okla. - Parents and students in the Jenks Public School District are speaking up about the school’s new dress code.
They say it’s not clear and unfairly targets girls. The district implemented the new dress code just days before school, saying it just wants students to dress modest and reasonable.

On Wednesday dozens of Jenks Middle and High School students used their clothing to take a stand against the district's new dress code policy which they say is confusing and unfair, and targets girls.

“It feels like they are trying to say we are distracting in the classroom to the other kids, the boys, maybe even the teachers,” Sierra Renz, a Jenks Middle School student said.

Some say they bought new clothes for the semester that now just sit with tags still on them.

“I got a ton of shorts and skirts that now I just can’t wear, apparently my legs are a distraction but they’re not,” Student Marley Sanderson said.

Four days into the new school year, a group of Jenks students says they have watched dozens of girls in their classes get called out in front of their peers over what they are wearing.

“You get called to the front and they check your shorts with a ruler in front of everyone, which is really embarrassing,” Student Chase Hurley said.

A few days before school began, the district announced the new policy that states students must wear upper to mid-thigh length shorts. Many parents tell us this caused them to panic, and with no clear length requirement, it has led to some girls being sent to the office the moment they walk in the door, while other students have been found dress code compliant for the first few classes, and then another staff member told them they have to change.

“It made for a lot of confusion and very hectic for an already hectic back-to-school season and not much fun,” Parent Casey Wilkins said.

Jenks Assistant Superintendent Suzanne Lair said they are trying to make positive changes to the dress code.

“I would never want my own daughter or any student to feel humiliated, that’s not the intent by anyone, and if that happened or if things are said we regret that,” Lair said.

Lair said they admit the new guidelines should have been announced earlier in the summer to clear any confusion.

“In this situation, we are asking for short and skirt length to be modest and reasonable, I think our new policy should be less restrictive,” Lair said.

Many of the girls say they have been wearing leggings and sweatpants in 9o degree heat, to avoid getting in trouble, but today they say they are proud to take a stand and have a message for the school board.

“Stop looking at our bodies it’s embarrassing and it’s disturbing that you all are looking at us like that,” Renz said.

School leaders say they never meant for anyone to feel embarrassed and are encouraging any parents or students with questions about the dress code to reach out to them by phone or Email.

Latest posts

Top Bottom