1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

S & H Arms - Integrally suppressed 77/44's

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by deerwhacker444, Nov 22, 2015.

1. deerwhacker444

deerwhacker444 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Anybody own one of these or do business with these folks in Owasso? Just doing some searching on the net, their name keeps popping up..

2. Shoot Summ

Shoot Summ Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's a great rig, make sure you get the little brother(77/22) also.

Curtis is great to do business with, you wont have any issues with him. His shop is a building behind his house, not a retail store, so make sure you call before you go out.

3. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Spot on. I used to own one (sold it to a friend who bugged me for it for 3 years) and it was stupid quiet with .44 Specials. Full house loads were ear safe in the open and hit with authority.

4. Shoot Summ

Shoot Summ Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The 77/22 with super calibris is ridiculously quiet, less than a finger snap.

And the .44 with .spl, or with rounds loaded to Curtis' special specs are really quiet for a .44.

I call it the giggle gun, everyone that shoots it giggles when they do...

5. deerwhacker444

Rating
    100%
    Have zero experience with anything suppressed. In your estimation, would 300gr 44mags loaded to just under the sound barrier (1050fps or so) be quiet like the 44 specials? Is it breaking the sound barrier that makes rounds noisy or something else like powder burn rates or ????

Any body have pics of theirs they're be willing to post up, would love to see some of their work?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  6. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It's not like a light switch (off under 1080 and on above). You can definitely notice a difference between 950 and 1050. As a bullet approaches the sound barrier, the air being moved gets quite a bit more turbulent. Keep in mind that the actual speed of sound changes with temp and pressure. A subsonic load in winter might be supersonic in summer. So it won't be as quiet as a Spl, but it will be significantly quieter than anything over 1080ish.

7. Shoot Summ

Shoot Summ Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Only pic I have of mine, friend from New Zealand shooting mine last December. The barrel is laughably large, but very effective...

[​IMG]

Have Curtis build one of these for you too...

[​IMG]

8. adluginb

adluginb Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've got the 77/44 also. They're very nice and Curtis, the owner, is great to work with. Go see him, he will let you shoot them at his business.

9. deerwhacker444

Rating
    100%
    Thx, I will when the time gets near. I've got to learn about the legal "trust" thing and get that ball rolling first..

10. Okie4570

Okie4570 Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    So looking at his website and prices, do I take him the rifle to be converted, or buy the whole thing from him... or both?