S&W 686

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever I see a S&W with a “Hillary Hole” I immediately go on. Obviously the older ones are more desirable, but has anyone ever had an issue with one, even with a max powered hand loaded round? I know you can remove lock and plug hole… but.. 🤷‍♂️
I keep reading all the gun forum stuff about them. I’ve got a .357 and a .38 with internal locks and have fired hundreds of rounds ranging from light to heavy loads. Never a problem. I’m sure it will get me killed tomorrow according to internet experts.

JRR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's incredible price!
Really like my 586. Also really like its blue. Had the 686 but tired of keeping it clean. Any 6" S&W 😍

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whenever I see a S&W with a “Hillary Hole” I immediately go on. Obviously the older ones are more desirable, but has anyone ever had an issue with one, even with a max powered hand loaded round? I know you can remove lock and plug hole… but.. 🤷‍♂️
As I understand it, most of the IL failures are with super heavy loads in the lighter frame revolvers, scandium, for example. They are much rarer among the steel frames, if they occur at all.

While I don't particularly like them, I have to say that they have never been a problem for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom