S&W model 500 big money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Some GB stuff I’d doing crazy money. Many sellers posting just to see what flies. Every now and then one takes off.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are expensive but that one is mainly because of the model and it being the bear package with the case and everything, those are very rare. You can find a normal 500 magnum revolver for 1/4-1/3 of that price.

It’s the ammo that will kill you though if you are buying factory loads. Even if you are setup to reload for it, the amount of powder and the brass still is a lot.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are expensive but that one is mainly because of the model and it being the bear package with the case and everything, those are very rare. You can find a normal 500 magnum revolver for 1/4-1/3 of that price.

It’s the ammo that will kill you though if you are buying factory loads. Even if you are setup to reload for it, the amount of powder and the brass still is a lot.
True that! Even reloading is pricey with .500 SW. Hell it eats powder like a rifle cartridge, with chunks of lead much heavier than rifle. Easily close to $1 per shot when hand loading with today material cost.

I don’t own a .500, but know people who do and I’ve shot them. Very fun guns! Practical for anything in Oklahoma??? Probably not haha. But fun

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here ya go- S&W X-frame .500 Magnum with 4" Barrel, shooting 700 gr Underwood ammo.

Attachments

• DAVE-500 FLASH.jpg
    DAVE-500 FLASH.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had to have a 500 when they first came out. The new wore off really quick, especially since the only ammo available at the time were full power loads.

That said, I'd love a lever gun in that caliber. That would be fun and useful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom