S&W Mountain Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Hangfire for the help. I’ve got some 240gr. Hornady’s, 231 and Unique.

I’ll roll some up and see what it likes. I’m like you, I don’t want a load that thumps on both ends.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a ruger Alaskan in .44mag that is very pleasant to shoot. Its weight I am sure mitigates recoil. I bet it weighs more than my super Blackhawk 7”
I have always wanted a 329, everyone I know says shoot one before you buy and save yourself the money. Often they are sold with a box of ammo less 5 rounds like a lot of 500 magnums and 454.

I still haven’t had the time to shoot my ruger toklat .454, reckon i need to make time for the thunder beast. I can’t imagine the shorter Alaskan in .454…just why, no way could most people shoot fast accurate shots. I guess the goal would be a dang well placed first shot and mitigate the need for more. I still am not into unpleasant guns to shoot. I sold a desert eagle 50ae that was just unpleasant to shoot and it weighed a ton.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a ruger Alaskan in .44mag that is very pleasant to shoot. Its weight I am sure mitigates recoil. I bet it weighs more than my super Blackhawk 7”
I have always wanted a 329, everyone I know says shoot one before you buy and save yourself the money. Often they are sold with a box of ammo less 5 rounds like a lot of 500 magnums and 454.

I still haven’t had the time to shoot my ruger toklat .454, reckon i need to make time for the thunder beast. I can’t imagine the shorter Alaskan in .454…just why, no way could most people shoot fast accurate shots. I guess the goal would be a dang well placed first shot and mitigate the need for more. I still am not into unpleasant guns to shoot. I sold a desert eagle 50ae that was just unpleasant to shoot and it weighed a ton.
Sorry, ancient thread. But let’s talk .44 and beyond’s :)

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Triple K holsters have been my go to for revolvers. Made in the USA with very reasonable price and great aesthetics.

sushi & pistols

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a few "Mountain Guns" mine are in .45acp and this one is in .45 Colt so I could not comment on the .44 mag but you could I believe shoot .44 special out of yours?

1701629279875.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom