SA/DA VS Striker/SA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a CZ75 P07 Duty at the show over the weekend. It has the ability to change the lever from decock to safety. So I can make it a da/sa and practice, but for most of the time I can have it cocked and locked like my 1911 and my P938. Kind of the best of both worlds.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never tried to holster my SIG while it was cocked, but when you're talking about holstering where you can't verify that the holster is clear, you're already talking about an atypical situation.

Not so much, really. I'm short, round, and old enough that it takes a genuine effort to bend around and look inside my holster when carrying IWB so thumbing the decocker and holding the hammer is my usual way to "verify the holster is clear".

If you want to say that DA exposed-hammer semis and wheelguns have a minor advantage over other semis and wheelguns, I'll grant you that...

That's the point I was attempting to make, yes.

... but it still doesn't make striker-fired pistols "more dangerous to carry."

Well, to my way of thinking the one with a "minor advantage" does make it "less dangerous" than the one without that advantage ... guess we're probably just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom