SA/DA VS Striker/SA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand the mechanics of the various actions. SA (1911 for this post) Is a light pull, same all the time. Striker Fire (Glock for this post) +/- 5lb. pull, same all the time. This is a good platform in my opinion. EVERY single pull of the trigger is the same, EVERY single time. Then the DA/SA (Sig for this post) Heavy first, light after. Two distinct different pulls. WHY? What is the purpose of this system? Sig, Beretta, Gen 3 Smith, some others. It seems to me a consistant pull every time is the perfect platform. WHAT, if anything, am I missing? Let's not turn this into a manufacture debate, but more of a trigger debate.

Thanks.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no engineer, but I'm guessing that it takes a heavier spring to draw the hammer across a cam than to compress and release a firing pin spring only.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The dual action system allows the user to carry chamber loaded, but hammer down. This allows them to make that first shot without needing both hands to cycle a slide. So why carry hammer down? no pressure on the hammer, no potential in a spring and a heavier break lowers the chance of an ND by something tripping the trigger.

the dual system allows the shooter to affect follow up shots with the lighter trigger making them faster and more likely to be on target.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but thats the reasoning behind it. Heck, I'm not even saying I agree with it. but the facts are the facts.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The purpose would be carrying with no safety. The long heavy first pull in da/sa would act like the safety. Also you can get a single action trigger far superior to a standard striker fired pistol.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The purpose would be carrying with no safety. The long heavy first pull in da/sa would act like the safety. Also you can get a single action trigger far superior to a standard striker fired pistol.

Amen, if you could feel my P-09 SA trigger, you wouldn't be so happy with your glock. Only thing better is a sweet 1911 SA pull.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The dual action system allows the user to carry chamber loaded, but hammer down. This allows them to make that first shot without needing both hands to cycle a slide. So why carry hammer down? no pressure on the hammer, no potential in a spring and a heavier break lowers the chance of an ND by something tripping the trigger.

the dual system allows the shooter to affect follow up shots with the lighter trigger making them faster and more likely to be on target.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but thats the reasoning behind it. Heck, I'm not even saying I agree with it. but the facts are the facts.
This and as various police departments were considering transitioning from revolvers to semi-autos they wanted to prevent negligent discharges and didn't like the appearance to the public of a cocked and locked 1911.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This and as various police departments were considering transitioning from revolvers to semi-autos they wanted to prevent negligent discharges and didn't like the appearance to the public of a cocked and locked 1911.

Now that makes sense. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom