Sad day in history

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
28 years ago today (19 May 86) the FOPA banned all future production of machine guns for civilians. That is why they are so damn expensive today. Sad day indeed.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is it the NRA's fault? I am curious.

The FOPA had a lot of good provisions in it for gun owners. The anti-gun crowd slipped the machinegun ban into the bill as a "poison pill" to get the bill defeated. Reagan was going to veto it, but the NRA said to go ahead and pass it and they would work on overturning the ban later. The NRA has never done a single thing to help overturn the ban since then.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FOPA had a lot of good provisions in it for gun owners. The anti-gun crowd slipped the machinegun ban into the bill as a "poison pill" to get the bill defeated. Reagan was going to veto it, but the NRA said to go ahead and pass it and they would work on overturning the ban later. The NRA has never done a single thing to help overturn the ban since then.

I see. That does suck, and is disheartening.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was in kindergarten.

i remember not long after, must have been second grade, during the presidential elections, asking my grandma what the difference was between republicans and democrats.
"democrats want to kill babies," she said. "and republicans want to kill everybody else."

Latest posts

Top Bottom