Samsung Captivate vs. Iphone 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ez,
I commend you for doing the proper research and going with, what sounds like, the very best phone for you. Meanwhile, I may look into that Apple care plan. LOL!!

Artic-Z

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
did the ota update on my phone no problem, did the ota update on my wifes phone and it froze halfway through the download, then on resume it rebooted its self and never came back on....bricked.....

after cussing up a storm at the at&t store because they never heard of the problem and accused me of hacking the phone, i took their demo unit out of its holder and did the same thing with the demo unit and bricked their demo unit too....then procedded to tell them how untrusting bastards they are untill they gave me a new phone and rush'd me out the door.... :)

still enjoy my captivate also...=]

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
did the ota update on my phone no problem, did the ota update on my wifes phone and it froze halfway through the download, then on resume it rebooted its self and never came back on....bricked.....

after cussing up a storm at the at&t store because they never heard of the problem and accused me of hacking the phone, i took their demo unit out of its holder and did the same thing with the demo unit and bricked their demo unit too....then procedded to tell them how untrusting bastards they are untill they gave me a new phone and rush'd me out the door.... :)

still enjoy my captivate also...=]

You didn't brick it. ODIN 3 one click recovery would have gotten you back into download mode and reflashed stock rom.

If you don't get the update message from at&t do not try to run the OTA update, they are pushing to 15k phones per day until all phones are updated until your imei number hit the list to be updated it is hit or miss as to whether or not it will work.

ithrowicecubes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an iPhone 3G for a little over a year when I got the iPhone 4 on launch day. It's been less than awesome. It's going up for sale on ebay/craigslist, and I'll be switching to a Captivate.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got TuneSync for my captivate. Syncs my iTunes library/playlists to my captivate over wireless and usb like a charm. The mast major hurdle to freeing myself from apple hardware is complete. Or it will be when I buy the full version (trial version only let me sync 20 songs).

I'm itching to root this thing.. Maybe I will soon. I know that if I do, I'll be using some good backup software like titanium backup or the like.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got TuneSync for my captivate. Syncs my iTunes library/playlists to my captivate over wireless and usb like a charm. The mast major hurdle to freeing myself from apple hardware is complete. Or it will be when I buy the full version (trial version only let me sync 20 songs).

I'm itching to root this thing.. Maybe I will soon. I know that if I do, I'll be using some good backup software like titanium backup or the like.

Perish the thought of paying for sync software, I will post what I use shortly, but it only sync's via USB.

Here it is iTunes Agent.
http://androidforums.com/android-media/139655-how-sync-itunes-android.html

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably just use that then, since I was avoiding paying for apps anyway. As long as it allows me to associate the device to a playlist or smart playlist, i'm satisfied (which iTunes agent does). No way I can fit my whole library on there.

Looks like I'm gonna be loading up a bunch of songs today after work!

GlocksInMySocks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've not held an iPhone 4 (or seen how fragile their all-glass case is) if you think they are solid. The 3gs wasn't bad, but I'vei seen 7 (so far) destroyed iPhone 4s and I don't even know too many apple fans.

I have the iPhone 4. It is freaking awesome. not fragile at all. How in the world have you seen 7 broken iPhone 4's so far? I'm genuinely intrigued? do you work at an apple or at&t store? or are you just seeing them on the internet?

you sound like you have a vendetta against apple haha, were you assaulted by steve jobs?

I find it funny that all of you guys with Glock in your username are IPhone fanboys. The irony is strong here.

and i don't actually like glocks, just the catchy name. who would actually carry a glock in their sock? let a lone multiple? ha, that would blow balls. regardless, I use a beretta px4 which sounds about right to go along with an iphone

Latest posts

Top Bottom