Sand truck vs restored 1900 house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the speed limit on your street? I guess it doesn't matter a bunch cuz what's done is done but I really doubt he just swerved to miss oncoming traffic and got at that steep of an angle off the street. Something bout this deal doesn't seem like just an "excusable accident". I'm figuring your street has a fairly low speed limit, any professional driver would be extra cautious in a neighborhood, the angle of the truck, no skid marks. Air brakes lock up pretty easy, especially, when running empty. All this won't change anything but I sure hope they quiz him quite a bit more. My dad would say "accidents ass, boy!" In hindsight I think he was right most of the time. Carelessness and stupidity often gets excused as an accident.

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on Route 66 4 blocks from downtown. Speed limit is 35. We had cops ( buco), fire departmen 2 units, Ems ,haz mat , city, 3 tow trucks even the mayor here for over 5 hours. Not including numerous insurance people from the trucking company. I should have cooked BBQ and sold it for 5$ a sandwich, between the traffic and on site folks, could have done pretty good.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should be wheat, 2 dump belly. Been here a year and still trying to get all the oil field stuff straight.
You are fine. Main thing is good thing it wasn't loaded. As a first responder right on I 40, the potential for some really bad stuff can be involved in an accident we respond to. Last semi was hauling lettuce, but one before that was a tanker full of crude oil.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m sure there are a few attorneys available who would like to handle the suit for damages.

In my experience with claims I'd say an attorney may be needed eventually if the insurance company isn't moving forward on repairs. But if there's no personal injury, the better bet may be a public adjuster or good (as in, experienced handling homeowners/property damage claims) general contractor. There's no additional money to be made without personal injury, but there's things to look out for on property damage such as contents, betterment/RCV vs ACV, ALE (loss of use, or temporary living expense), meals if displaced from living in residence, etc...

But then that depends entirely on how the claim and repairs end up going. Likely won't need either if the company knows what the damage is and how to pay for it properly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom