Sarah Palin DID Give Us A History Lesson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The author of that LA times article is a well known hack and Palin apologist. A quick google search turns up multiple articles critical of him getting historical facts WRONG. Also, he didn't cite his references. I'm not taking his word for it that Palin got her facts straight and that she knew she was right when she first opened her mouth.

What about the other article that basically says the same thing? Let me guess, his cited sources aren't credible either...

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The relevant info:
Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Patrick Leehey of the Paul Revere House said Revere was probably bluffing his British captors, but reluctantly conceded that it could be construed as Revere warning the British.

“I suppose you could say that,” Leehey said. “But I don’t know if that’s really what Mrs. Palin was referring to.”

Again, this only proves that Palin was kinda right and probably only by accident.
Here is a piece that actually quotes Revere: Revere was captured likely by accident and gave some minor and possibly false info to the British. Nothing put forth shows that Revere SET OUT to warn the British. More importantly, there is no evidence that Palin knew she was right at the time.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shadow are you saying Palin was right about Paul Revere?

Not at all. Just wondering why he chose to ignore the other article that DID cite sources, one of which was a Cornell University Law professor. But now we have an NPR source. Yeah that's a known non-biased bastion of info and seems they got most of their info from the AP. :faint:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That the Republican non-candidate, in fact, knew more about the actual facts of Revere's midnight ride than all those idiots unknowingly revealing their own ignorance by laughing at her faux faux pas? How secretly embarrassing this must be, to be forced to face that you're dumber than the reputed dummy.
:thumbup3::laugh6::yelclap::yelclap:

Looks like somebody needs to revisit that "other" thread from yesterday:wink2:

Like I said last night.....SP is about as dumb as a fox.

Like I was discussing with Ridge yesterday. The irony is hilarious! You can't make this stuff up!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You people are unreal.

1. Palin talks out of her ass and butchers basic American history most pre-pubescent children could tell you about.

2. Rather than say something along the lines of "Yeah, I put my foot in my mouth and misspoke. It happens"...Palin backpedals hilariously and searches for info to "support" her Archie Bunker style story.

3. Not only do some of you buy her spiel, you go out of your way to defend it.

I bet some of you still deny that Quayle misspelled potato.

The relevant info:

Again, this only proves that Palin was kinda right and probably only by accident.
Here is a piece that actually quotes Revere: Revere was captured likely by accident and gave some minor and possibly false info to the British. Nothing put forth shows that Revere SET OUT to warn the British. More importantly, there is no evidence that Palin knew she was right at the time.

That's being very, very generous. It's blatantly obvious to all but the "victims of liberal media" crowd she has no idea what she was talking about when she made that first statement.

Maybe some Palin fans will make a thread and post some videos of Palin being interviewed that don't make her seem like a lying goober. Honestly, I'd like to see some. She's scared, defensive, and backpedaling in everyone I've seen. She's not extremely dumb, she's just not informed and not qualified for high ranking political office...and she knows it.

Last edited:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
you people are unreal.

1. Palin talks out of her ass and butchers basic american history most pre-pubescent children could tell you about.

2. Rather than say something along the lines of "yeah, i put my foot in my mouth and misspoke. It happens"...palin backpedals hilariously and searches for info to "support" her archie bunker style story.

3. Not only do some of you buy her spiel, you go out of your way to defend it.

I bet some of you still deny that quayle misspelled potato.

That's being very, very generous. It's blatantly obvious to all but the "victims of liberal media" crowd she has no idea what she was talking about when she made that first statement.

Maybe some palin fans will make a thread and post some videos of palin being interviewed that don't make her seem like a lying goober. Honestly, i'd like to see some. She's scared, defensive, and backpedaling in everyone i've seen. She's not extremely dumb, she's just not informed and not qualified for high ranking political office...and she knows it.

plus a zillion!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom