Savage Rascal Target - Time to upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this rifle for my daughters a year ago and I have no complaints. We have fallen in love shooting this thing suppressed. Talk about a great shooter at 50-100yds! This little guy is extremely accurate, and it’s the same size as my 11.5in SBR. My twin daughters are 10yrs old, and growing quick, so it’s about time to upgrade them to a mag fed bolt action with a longer LOP. I’m torn between a Savage MK II FV-SR or a Christensen Arms bolt action. Any recommendations over the two? I doubt I’ll ever sell this rifle. It’s compact, and I love it!

Attachments

• C5B8DFF7-874B-4E17-9594-CAC98B9908CE.jpeg
    C5B8DFF7-874B-4E17-9594-CAC98B9908CE.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 65

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to throw a wrench in your plans, I would suggest looking into the CZ457. You can get the scout rifle, which is a shorter LOP for the kids, and buy a full sized stock for you or for when they get bigger. Also, when they're in stock, you can order barrels straight from CZ, Walther, or Lijia that will allow you to swap between 22LR, 17HMR, 17Mach2, and 22mag. I have the MTR, swapped a varmint stock onto it, and have the first three barrels mentioned. Absolute tack driver, wonderful rifle overall. Good aftermarket for it too. You could have the rifle and one or two extra barrels for the same price as the Christensen.
CZ457 scout link:
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-457-scout/
If I were to choose from your two options, I would honestly go with the Christensen. 10/22 rotary mags (which I already have) and the light weight make it a winner in my book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom