Saw my first walking stick this summer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a big one. I measured it at 6 inches. Surprisingly I haven't seen a praying mantis or two.😄

20220817_191251.jpg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those things are creepy. I have seen them do thick they would fall from tree limbs into the cab while traveling kiamichi mountain and

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pick them up and let them walk on my arm.

What’s creepy running into one of those big ass spiders that’s built a web across the trail, you always wonder where the spider went while trying to get the web out of your hair.😳

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What’s creepy running into one of those big ass spiders that’s built a web across the trail, you always wonder where the spider went while trying to get the web out of your hair.😳
I run into those walking into the deer stand before daylight. There have been some interesting dance moves.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run into those walking into the deer stand before daylight. There have been some interesting dance moves.
Ahh, the good old arachnoleptic fit.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few walking sticks, but I've seen quite a few great big praying mantises. I have ant lion "traps" on my place, but I can't say I've actually seen one of the ant lions (mostly because I want them eating the ants, so I don't disturb them).

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

A trick is to find a curved stick several feet long. Hold it out in front of you as you walk along the trail; let the stick go through the webs first.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use my ballcap but when your carrying a gun and a bag of decoys you just swat when you walk though them. That’s my MO anyway.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I once walked into one of those that still had the big brown spider in it. At the time I had a huge beard.

Spider was trapped on my face under his own web. I about beat myself to death trying to get that thing off my face, and spiders don't usually bother me at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom