sbr ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been wanting a suppressed sbr for a while. I currently have RRA coyote hunter that I use for hunting. This is what I'm wanting to build.

ai55.tinypic.com_qy6dmg.gif

Wanting to build something that I can play around with and go shoot 1000 rounds or so and not spend a ton of money. So I thought about building something like this in .22lr. Wanting to have a 5-6 inch barrel plus the length of the suppressor.

Questions:

If I build a dedicated upper and get it stamped, am I able to still put my hunting upper on it or is only able to run the sbr upper on it?

What does it take to build this kind of upper parts wise?

What is the shortest length barrel I can get?

Im sure I have more questions, I'll post em I get them.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would get your lower stamped, but you could still put a hunting upper on it. Parts wise, you would need a receiver, a short barrel, and a .22 conversion kit or a bolt if you're doing a .22 dedicated upper. Suppressor companies generally won't warranty a can shot on anything shorter than 10.5'', so its your call on that.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I build a dedicated upper and get it stamped, am I able to still put my hunting upper on it or is only able to run the sbr upper on it?

While you could legally put a different upper on your SBR lower, you will not be able to put a .223/5.56 upper on the lower you have pictured above because there is no buffer tube, spring or buffer. The .22LR conversion does not need these parts, but a .223/5.56 does.

ron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't necessarily want that stock. Mine has the fixed ace stock on it. I just really want the upper like it.

If I get a dedicated 22 upper who is a good company to look into.

And if I get a conversion who is a good company to look into.

Latest posts

Top Bottom