Opinions on rimfire suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm looking to get a rimfire suppressor, and was wondering which ones yall like? I have two 30 cal. cans already, so not new to suppressors in general. Not looking to spend a ton of $$$ on one, as it will be a range toy vs a hunting gun rig. Who has the best deals on them pricewise? I also know a small, independent manufacturer in Alabama that builds suppressors, what is the process in getting one of his to OK, other than tax stamp? TIA

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my .22 rimfire can. It is a Huntertown Arms which isn't around anymore. I haven't looked a whole lot into another rimfire can. I have thought about getting another one.

I can remember which form it is for a manufacturer to dealer transfer or dealer to dealer transfer but it was around a couple weeks for that form to be approved on my last transfers.

If you purchase one from a dealer that has it in stock it would be 2-3 weeks quicker overall IMO. In the grand scheme 2 or 3 weeks isn't much when Form 4s are taking 9 months.

As far as getting a suppressor from a manufacturer. Find a local class 3 dealer that will accept the transfer and you don't mind their transfer fee. Put the dealer and manufacturer in contact with each other, pay manufacturer for suppressor, once the manufacturer to dealer transfer is approved then it is shipped to dealer and then dealer/you can start the process to get the form 4 stamp.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Host plays into it. I have a Spectre II on a Ruger Mk IV. Know what is quieter? A cheap GSG 1911 on a cheap YHM can, which I bought for when friends to shoot with me. I switched the cans and the GSG is the quieter host.

People get all wrapped up on which suppressor to buy without thinking about the other factors.

Bottom line, any reputable company is going to make a suitably quiet rimfire suppressor, especially if you only have one and aren't comparing them side by side. About the only thing that matters on a practical side is the first round pop.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grabbed the Rugged Oculus about two years ago and it's been great. Super quiet in the long config on my 10/22, quieter than a nail gun to my ears. Love that it is just about 3.5in/4oz in the shortie config when you want it smaller. As others have mentioned the can is just part of the game, you need a good host too. I've heard the PPK/s in .22 is one of the best rimfire pistol hosts but I haven't had the pleasure. YMMV

Latest posts

Top Bottom