Opinions on rimfire suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered TacSol lightweight barrels for my Ruger 22/45 and my wife's Browning Buckmark, so these will be the only threaded rimfires we own currently

I hope you are buying two suppressors then. That was the boat I was in when I only had one can, I had to buy a second one for the missus or whoever else was going out. Not fun shooting suppressed while having to wear ear protection because another isn't suppressed, and waiting a year for a second can is just a waste of time.

As far as the independent Alabama guy, is he a dealer or just making and registering for himself? If he is a dealer, he can just Form 3 it to another dealer in Oklahoma, which is tax free. Then when it gets to Oklahoma, he will transfer it to you on a Form 4, which is taxed. The time to go from dealer to dealer is about a month, then anywhere from 5 to 18 months to you. If he is just building them for himself and not a dealer, then there will be an additional tax stamp to go to his dealer, then to your dealer, then to you. So add another 200 bucks if he isn't a dealer.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you are buying two suppressors then. That was the boat I was in when I only had one can, I had to buy a second one for the missus or whoever else was going out. Not fun shooting suppressed while having to wear ear protection because another isn't suppressed, and waiting a year for a second can is just a waste of time.

As far as the independent Alabama guy, is he a dealer or just making and registering for himself? If he is a dealer, he can just Form 3 it to another dealer in Oklahoma, which is tax free. Then when it gets to Oklahoma, he will transfer it to you on a Form 4, which is taxed. The time to go from dealer to dealer is about a month, then anywhere from 5 to 18 months to you. If he is just building them for himself and not a dealer, then there will be an additional tax stamp to go to his dealer, then to your dealer, then to you. So add another 200 bucks if he isn't a dealer.
He's a dealer too, figured it wouldn't be too hard to get done

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with the Griffin Armament resistance 22m, with cci standard velocity or some of the .22 ammo marketed for suppressor use it is very quiet on a Ruger 22/45. Would like to add a dead air mask eventually though.

Buckh1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Griffin Armament Micro Optimus, it run quiet on my 10/22, Ruger American rim 22lr., 10/22 charger and Mk3 22/45 with CCI standard velocity. Being made of stainless steel, it's rated to 22-250. Runs really nice on a Ruger American ranch 556. At 5.5 inches and 8 oz it not feather lite but that don't bother me. It should last several lifetimes.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was down to a dead air mask vs switchback 22. Went with the switchback and love it. I’ll prob buy another 22 can.

Since I already have the switchback, I’ll go with the dead air mask or Energetic Nyx mod2.

I like the modularity of the switchback, but I just keep it in its long config since it’s light enough. I’ve used it on bolt guns, 10/22 and pistols.

Latest posts

Top Bottom