1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sbr...

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by ef9turbo, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ef9turbo

ef9turbo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Can anyone tell me how much, how long and the process for going SBR? I can't stop looking at this freaking LMT 10.5" upper..........

2. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  3. RobC

RobC Sharpshooter

...............and totally worth it. Frankly, guns without stamps just don't interest me anymore. I am mailing off a set of Form 1s tomorrow for my next little gun.

Do it and post pics when your stamp comes back.

Rob

4. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It is basically the price of the AR you want plus 200 dollars to the ATF. You also have to wait 2-6 months for approval and have the lower engraved.

5. stewball

stewball Sharpshooter

Unless they empty the magazine with one pull of the trigger, I never could understand the appeal of them. Especially with all you have to go through to get one. But they are cool looking!

6. ColtDogg

ColtDogg Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I bought mine before they got real big in the last 2 years and love it. I was told Colt was only doing a one tim run of 300 on the Colt LE6933 so I bought one. Then they put out a lot more right after I got my 2 Colts. So I sold one off.

I am like you stewball, on the full auto thing. My next stamp is going to be a Auto!!

7. RobC

RobC Sharpshooter

Machine guns are fun, but SBRs give you all of the benefits of a tiny rifle at a fraction of the cost of a machine gun and with all of the practicality of a semiautomatic. Seriously, I grew up around MGs, owned one, still love them, but I don't feel like I need another. Mine lived in the safe and never got shot after the first few cases of ammo were sprayed downrange.

Short barrel rifles are the best compromise in my opinion. It's also nice to be able to have a suppressor without having a rifle that is a mile long.

Rob

8. WhiteyMacD

WhiteyMacD Sharpshooter

pack/survival gun. Now, if I should have to pay $200 for any of that stuff... different story.

9. ef9turbo

ef9turbo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So I can't buy a seperate lower(complete but never used) and buy the upper ? I am on my cell so I will check that ar15 thread later. Thanks

10. WhiteyMacD

WhiteyMacD Sharpshooter

Need the stamp from the atf before you own both together otherwise you *could* be nabbed for constructive intent.