1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sbr...

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by ef9turbo, Feb 15, 2010.

1. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You could also have the dealer or a buddy hold on to the upper while you wait for the stamp if you find a good deal. Or you could buy a virgin receiver and built it into a pistol and shoot it without a stock until your stamp comes in. Then slap on a stock and boom, SBR.

2. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It is Constructive Possession, not Constructive Intent. Contructive Intent is a commonly misused term.

3. stewball

stewball Sharpshooter

The only ones I've seen usually have the "trust" engraved on the receiver. How does an individual sell a weapon like this, or can it be sold. How does that work?

4. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The person who has their trust or individual name engraved on the receiver built the SBR on a Form 1 and hence they are the maker of the Title 2 firearm just as Colt, Bushmaster, etc.. was the manufacturer of the Title 1 firearm that was SBR'd. Makers/manufacturers are required to engrave their info on the firearm. If the individual/trust wants to sell the firearm it would simply transfer out on a Form 4. The markings remain as they were still the maker of the Title 2 firearm.

For example, Remington made my 870 and has their info on the receiver. I filed a Form 1 to make it an SBS and my info is engraved on there as well. If I were to sell it to you we would fill out a Form 4 and transfer when it is approved. No other engraving would be required.

5. stewball

stewball Sharpshooter

That make sense. You're never too old to learn new stuff.

Thanks

6. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Same goes if you have an AK parts kit around that still has the full-auto trigger group with it if you also have an AK receiver around.

7. WhiteyMacD

WhiteyMacD Sharpshooter

Semantics dude, seriously. Is it really that important to use the exact term from the law? Or will people get the point? Is this a "I know more about BATFE" pissing match?
    The definitions of the two are exactly the same: The power to control without actual possession.

8. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I am in no pissing match with you and I apologize if I offended you in any way. I was just trying to keep folks from perpetuating incorrect terms. I actually do believe it is important to use the exact term from the law and I see so much incorrect info posted in regards to NFA stuff that I am just trying to help.

Since you seem to have a personal problem with me I will not bother to respond to any more posts you make.

9. WhiteyMacD

WhiteyMacD Sharpshooter

Sorry. A month of sleepless nights from a newborn and other daily frustrations took control of the words I used.

I agree, the term used in the law is most likely best, but it is semantical.

10. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    :kiss: No problem. I understand (I have a sick wife and 9 year old daughter right now).

I am going to be taking a break from the site for a while though. It just isn't as enjoyable as it was years ago.