Scissor Tail Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I'm not a city boy, what is the purpose and function of this scissor tail park? Today is the first time I've heard of it.
It's a little piece of the MAPS XXXVVIII program that was funded by a "temporary" sales tax increase over 20 years ago (IIRC). They just keep putting an extension on the ballot and it keeps getting extended. It sure seems permanent to me.

But I will agree, they have really transformed downtown OKC. Devon, Chesapeake and others have "partnered" with city leaders in MAPS and have really spiffed the place up. It's actually kind of neat and that's coming from a guy that utterly DETESTS big cities. Some of the old buildings have been renovated into 1st class office spaces with an old time ambiance and they just exude class. I do like those but I sure would hate to pay the rent on them.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Parking downtown okc still sucks and I aint riding a scooter like the hipsters with their skinny jeans and manbuns.

There are large parking lots to the north and south of the park. If you park in one of the Embark parking garages they are offering free streetcar rides to the park. I saw several cute girls on scooters last night but they were too fast to catch. I’d probably break my neck if I tried to ride one, scooters that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone is interested OK2A did an "audit" there. It was something he had been building up for a while trying to get a bunch if people together to show the park that they were going to assert their rights but it was just him on the video saying there was no problem getting in.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If anyone is interested OK2A did an "audit" there. It was something he had been building up for a while trying to get a bunch if people together to show the park that they were going to assert their rights but it was just him on the video saying there was no problem getting in.

Watched the video. I was hoping for at least a selfie of him showing all his “tacticool” gear. Some people just like to draw attention to themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go downtown to standard iron and scrap metal.
I visit bass pro when someone gives me a gift card but that is about it.
I have fished below eastern and caught some nice catfish and even a saugeye.
There are sandbass and other fish also. Water comes up from rains and the cats do the same.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to say it but I think hurricane Katrina was another one of the biggest boosts to OKC and Oklahoma in general. Getting the New Orleans Hornets to play here showed the NBA we could put butts in seats. I do think we have consistently sold out during those and Thunder games for 10 years.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What improvements would you suggest?

Definitely the streets. Everyone has been griping about them for years.
The water system is constantly breaking water mains.
Take better care of all city employees. Better pay and benefits provide employees who are happy and work harder at their jobs and have better productivity.
Clean house with some of the upper management at city hall and eliminate the corruption.
Term limits on the mayor and council.

I’m sure I could think of some more, but I retired twelve years ago and I’m not so well informed as I used to be about Okc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom