Scope Suggestion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Remington model 700 sps in .308. I'm looking for suggestions on a scope. Most of the rifles I have now either have iron sights or the scope that came on them, so I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to choosing a scope. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but I won't waste my money on crap either. Any suggestions/info would be much appreciated.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for Burris as well from me...

Here is my Savage 10FP with a Burris Tac30 mounted using the Burris XTR 30mm rings. You need to deciede how much you want to spend and be prepared as the scope can easily equal or exceed the price of the rifle. I got the Burris from Optics Plantet for around $500ish.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a Leupold 3x9x50 on mine. I would have liked a 3x9x40, but got a great deal on this one. Brand new, never mounted for just over $300.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a Bushnell Elite 6500 and so far I like it. Otherwise, I am a big fan of Leupold, especially their lifetime warranty. They maintain a good resale value, much better than most scopes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom