Scope Suggestion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Remington model 700 sps in .308. I'm looking for suggestions on a scope. Most of the rifles I have now either have iron sights or the scope that came on them, so I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to choosing a scope. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but I won't waste my money on crap either. Any suggestions/info would be much appreciated.

What do you want to use the rifle for?

If its just hunting Deer (or whatever at basically under 200yds), then get a Burris, cheaper Leupold, or Bushnell Elite as others have stated.

When you say that you aren't looking to spend a fortune, what is the amount you'd like to stay under?

Some of the above scopes might be out of your price range or not even in it depending on what your scope budget is.

Check out Redfield... Made in the U.S.ofA. and cheap.

All of them are made in the USA? I didn't know that - very cool.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. You've certainly given me a lot to look at.

Sharkbait- PM replied to.

EZ Bake- I would like to keep it in the $300 range if possible, and would like to be able to dial in at the 300 yard line. Not sure if that's reasonable. Like I said, I'm not much of a scope guy. Any ideas with those parameters in mind?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I looked through a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-10x40 at BassPro recently. Very nice scope for $220. Very little if any noticeable difference between that and the similar Nikons, for $100 or so more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom