Scope suggestions for AR15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for scope recommendations for flattop AR with rear folding sight and standard triangular front site. Been researching Eotec, Trigicon, and Aimpoint but would like a CQB type scope that has a low MOA on the red dot and able to let you shoot out to 300 yards. Not interested in using a magnifier. I would like to keep it simple and not on the high dollar end. I also want to stay away from the cheapos.

Thanks

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eotech w/ flip to side magnifier if you need the additional magnification. I really like that Eotech uses a very low MOA dot (1MOA isn't it?) which is great for longer shots along with the ring around it for faster acquisition of much closer targets.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eotech w/ flip to side magnifier if you need the additional magnification. I really like that Eotech uses a very low MOA dot (1MOA isn't it?) which is great for longer shots along with the ring around it for faster acquisition of much closer targets.

I agree with this. I have an Eotech and it is great for close range. For me, anything out beyond 100 yards and I need magnification to be accurate. I have a 5X magnifier for mine.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aimpoint makes a fixed 2x Comp M2 - can't witness with Irons, but it gives you some extra magnification than nothing.

Trijicon has some fixed 3x and 4x scopes. The Millet DMS-1 is a good choice.

At one time I was looking at getting a Leupold shotgun scope and putting it on my AR - they're cheap and well-made (they are Leupolds after all).

Anything with magnification is going to rule out your ability to cowitness with irons unless you get into an adjustable scope with a true 1x bottom end - These are about $1000.

Trust me, I was looking for something just like this a while back and ended up just going with a non-magnifying optic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom