Scrap Brass in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a tub of brass that's probably 100-150 pounds and was curious who if any people take old brass cases in the OKC area. I've always heard that some places do not take it because of likelihood that there would be live ammo in it. I know I've been pretty strict on what goes in this, and plan on putting into buckets to transport and in doing so I'll do one more final inspection for nickel and live rounds.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not sell it to someone on here who might actually be able to continue to use it as brass casings? Or are they stepped on and cracked and...not useful as cases any longer?

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a recycler west of Canadian Ranges that buys scrap brass. Most guys have been getting about 200.00 per 5 gallon bucket full.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not sell it to someone on here who might actually be able to continue to use it as brass casings? Or are they stepped on and cracked and...not useful as cases any longer?

Yea this is all brass that is in pretty bad shape, either tarnished to a point where most anyone would not use and won't clean up or are damaged and not useable.

There is a recycler west of Canadian Ranges that buys scrap brass. Most guys have been getting about 200.00 per 5 gallon bucket full.

Okay I will try to look into them, pretty far out west but if there is no other place that takes brass like this, might be the only way. Thinking I probably have enough for 1 full bucket and probably half of another.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i took some brass and lead to a recycler on reno west of may about a block. they are on the north side of reno. worked out really well. somebody had brought in 66lbs of 9mm jacketed hollow points and 8mm rifle bullets. i was able to trade what i had and $33 for a few thousand bullets!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i took some brass and lead to a recycler on reno west of may about a block. they are on the north side of reno. worked out really well. somebody had brought in 66lbs of 9mm jacketed hollow points and 8mm rifle bullets. i was able to trade what i had and $33 for a few thousand bullets!

Dlbleak, you make me cringe everytime you talk about taking lead to the recycler.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, i know. i have not lost out yet. so far, everything has worked in my favor,buuuut, i won't be taking anymore lead to the recycler!

mainly took it because i was not sure of the content.i've figured out how to remedy that though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, i know. i have not lost out yet. so far, everything has worked in my favor,buuuut, i won't be taking anymore lead to the recycler!

mainly took it because i was not sure of the content.i've figured out how to remedy that though.

Give us a little insite about the lead thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom