Secret Santa 2018--The Final Chapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A penny is a customary addition to knife gifts as it is considered bad luck to give a gift that can sever. The blade symbolizes the severing of a friendship or relationship, and since pennies are considered good luck, the superstitious belief is that the penny protects the relationship. Since there were 2 knives hence 2 pennies.
Well ok, that's good to know. I had no idea.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A penny is a customary addition to knife gifts as it is considered bad luck to give a gift that can sever. The blade symbolizes the severing of a friendship or relationship, and since pennies are considered good luck, the superstitious belief is that the penny protects the relationship. Since there were 2 knives hence 2 pennies.

Oh no!!! I gave my sister a 16 piece knife set for Christmas with no pennies...…..oh, the humanity!!

:homer:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I learned who your SS was. And I ain’t tellin’ either. I just have unusually strong powers of perception and am good at math.

Math and speling were my strong subjets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty cool. And I learned something too. About the pennies and stuff.
I didn't know about the pennies either, but my late brother-in-law (married my older sister) was a stickler about handling pocket knives along that same vein.

If you asked to see his open pocket knife, he'd close it before handing it to you. And if you tried to hand it back open, he'd insist you close it first. Same deal about cutting friendships.

He was a good man, and more like a brother than an in-law. I really miss him.

@OKNewshawk: Glad yer gift showed up. You know how careless those pesky elves can be...
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom